Video

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 14, 2011
I'll be recording DD next week with a borrowed GoPro. Any advice on best positioning of the camera for a catcher? And maybe the settings I should use?

Thanks!!

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
If it is game video, I suggest (at least) a side view. But a better case scenario is one shooting from the backstop showing the field, and a second from the side.

Forgive the baseball video, and the cheesy picture in picture graphic. But this is an example of what I'm talking about:
[video=youtube_share;6XdpsP6m3hc]http://youtu.be/6XdpsP6m3hc[/video]

As for settings, depending on the camera, I suggest the following:
Resolution: 1080p (not superview)
Frames per second: 60
(if using for games, use the following):
Beeps: Off
LED's: Off

Apr 14, 2011
Thanks guys. I'm trying my hand at creating my own skills video instead of paying somebody to do it. I did a rough one over the weekend using footage from a showcase (awesome that they recorded all the games in HD, even if it's $15 a pop!). They did the standard angle from the backstop behind the catcher, but I felt like there was something missing. At the same time, I'm afraid that if I do a side angle only, then some of the framing wouldn't be as easy to highlight.

I'm stuck with just one camera for now, but maybe next time I'll try with two. The two different angles looks nice on some of the skills videos I've seen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misscoug