video game teaching

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Dd and I play mlb 2k12 a few times a week on the xbox. It's as real as it gets, except that it lures you in to getting stupid agressive. Needs some kind of electric punishment.

Its a little difficult for 6 yr old ds. He likes to bunt 3 out of 4 at bats.

He prefers mlb power pros for the wii.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
When we have meetings at work I play HR BATTLE on my iphone. The director has no idea that when he asks for our opinions on a subject and I "yes" out loud, that I just hit the Gold ball out 400 feet for the win. :)

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
MLB slugfest was kind of fun. But I'm not sure punching the 2nd baseman to try to get them to drop the ball is the kind of in game scenario you want to reinforce.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
When we have meetings at work I play HR BATTLE on my iphone. The director has no idea that when he asks for our opinions on a subject and I "yes" out loud, that I just hit the Gold ball out 400 feet for the win. :)

Thats terrible!

I go sit on the toilet and play.

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
We actually LOVE Mario baseball. Especially because Daisy and Peach are girls so its a softball connection. I will say some of the players do over rotate a bit on their swings!

Jul 26, 2010
There is a game called "Where's the play?" that is designed specifically to teach scenarios to kids. It is baseball centric but it serves very well for softball. Kids older then 10 would find it boring, although the information is still useful.

-W

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32