Vid of my 14u DD

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 14, 2013
Massachusetts
Hello folks. Here is a short vid of my 13yo DD. She seems to lack power when she hits, I'm thinking it is because there is no weight shift. I would appreciate some of your thoughts. Thanks.
[video=youtube_share;tOhQBnk-E0E]http://youtu.be/tOhQBnk-E0E[/video]

Jan 25, 2011
Really need to see more of her lower half, with the bat holders on the fence, can't get a look at what is going on. You will get a lot of help on her, but my need a better video, also welcome to the forum.

Aug 14, 2011
thanks nano, yeah i was afraid of that. i tried posting 2 vids but learned that 1 is the limit :)

how about this one:
Cass 4 swingw - YouTube

I donot see loading or coiling...No seperation or negative movement..Hands are leading the swing prior to rotation..

I would start with the lower half by teaching DD to feel the load/coil..I would also try the deltoid drill..

Your are almost on it. Just remember weight shifting per se is not the answer she needs to load to her rear side then coil as she comes forward leaving her hands behind crating separation then push forward with the rear hip/leg against a firm front side.

but as you already noticed she is not engaging her lower half

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
She has no rhythm, load, or coil ( hands go back as the body weight shifts forward to toe touch) however, her balance and body lean posture through contact is good. I would bet she hits alot of infield grounders, doesn't she?

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
First thing to fire is her hands.
Be good to go back and read some of Jbooth's sequence threads where he has photos of the sequence.

Her hands fire past her rear hip. Its an all upper body swing.

I also have some slow motion drills with my daughter that shows somewhat of a sequence we call the matrix
22straightleg on you tube

STraightleg

Jan 14, 2013
Massachusetts
She has no rhythm, load, or coil ( hands go back as the body weight shifts forward to toe touch) however, her balance and body lean posture through contact is good. I would bet she hits alot of infield grounders, doesn't she?

she absolutely does, nail on the head. thanks everyone for taking the time to offer some advice. much appreciated.

May 7, 2012
Make sure her knees are inside of her feet (back knee, lined up over the toe). She needs to drive in, so she can rotate. Put her in front of a mirror and have her check herself. When she drives, she should feel it on the inside of her back foot.

R

RayR

As a start I would put some life in her barrel....have her start with the bat head pointing in the direction over the second basemen's head and turn the barrel back away from that direction to get the swing started....

thanks nano, yeah i was afraid of that. i tried posting 2 vids but learned that 1 is the limit :)

how about this one:
Cass 4 swingw - YouTube

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG