Velocity up velocity down

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 6, 2009
My DD is 14 and been pitching since she was about 7. We work generally 3-4 days a week most of the year. Usually take off some time at the end of the summer and start again. At the end of last summer he velocity was clearly down from where it had started in April. After taking some time off, and starting again in September, he velocity was back up in the 52-55 range. Now, it appears to have hit a fall of again. She's throwing low 50's again. We've thrown alot since September.

Wondering in this is something others have seen. She says everything feels fine. Nothing physical.

Jan 25, 2011
My dd seems to do the same thing . I some times wonder if it is that she just goes through the motions. She still makes nice pitches. Thanks for asking this question. I hope there is alot of insight on your question.

Oct 19, 2009
beyond the fences
My dd-13yo- does the same thing after a lay-off. She has been throwing for about 3 weeks and
is just getting back to where she was in the fall. (55-57). She is just starting to hit her spots
with authority too. Part of it is mental with her. Once she got excited and initiated SB conversation
around the house, she magically started throwing better

May 7, 2008
Tucson
What you describe isn't so unusual.

I use a GloveRadar. I can judge every pitch. I have never known how it compares to a radar gun, but that isn't really my purpose. I use it to get the girls throwing hard on every pitch.

And then, every once in a while they will hit 48 (at 11 yo) and we celebrate.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1