USSSA World Series Salisbury 10U/12U Fight

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 10, 2011
I had another coach say to me recently that the best team to coach is a team full of orphans. Parents like this explains why. It's a shame for all the good/civilized parents out there...behavior like this really gives travel ball a black eye (no pun intended).

Last edited:

bmd

Jan 9, 2015
This is horrible. Aside from the fight...I think that the person filming this is horrible as well. You can tell that he is smiling as he is filming like the fight was some sort of joke and that is was entertaining.

Nov 29, 2009
This is horrible. Aside from the fight...I think that the person filming this is horrible as well. You can tell that he is smiling as he is filming like the fight was some sort of joke and that is was entertaining.

They guy filming the fight sounded like a young male. They love that kind of stuff. Especially if it's two "adults" going at it. There's all kinds of videos like that on Youtube. Most of them are kids though.

Jun 12, 2015
The most annoying thing about this video is the number of times my non-softball friends have tagged me on Facebook, asking me if I've seen it and if this is what travel ball is all about. Yeah, I'm forever getting in fistfights with other parents after games. :rolleyes:

That's funny and sad at the same time. Oddly enough, with my kid playing softball for 3 years now, I've never been in a fight over softball. Neither has my husband. Actually, we've never witnessed one either. We've seen some anger over bad calls a few times but that's about as bad as it's gotten.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
I have to admit that I've been in one. In fact, afterwards, I pmed a member here because I knew that they had to know the guy/team. BB playing 1st which was not her typical position but 1B hurt. Wild throw, BB catches ball and tags runner in one motion. You've all seen a similar type play where 1B jumps for the ball and has to swing the tag quickly before the runner is safe. This runner fell down after tag. They start running mouths because "tag was too hard." A couple of innings later, runner on 1st, runner is big girl that had fallen earlier and hitter is really big girl. She squares to bunt, BB goes to field it and this hitter is running at her to tackle her. BB steps to the side and puts her on the ground. Runner on 1st is now charging BB. BB puts her on the ground. Coach is running at BB, dad puts him on the ground and then some. Umpire throws runner, hitter and coach out and then calls the game. This was in a college showcase and so, there are a lot of college coaches watching this. To quote one college coach, "BB has a good base." LOL!

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
I haven't been involved in any fights, but I've seen a few. One between a coach and a parent (both on the same team, behind the dugout), coach and parent both got ejected. That same parent got ejected two weeks later for fighting with a parent from the opposing team, police were called and he was arrested. Always entertaining playing them.

Last year, the father of one of my players went after his ex-wife's father in the outfield of one of our games. My father and another guy stepped in and broke it up. Maybe it's a Jersey thing.

Dec 29, 2010
Well, I will be down there next week for 14u. Those 2 idiots should of been inside supporting thier teams and more importantly their dds. Chit happens, past their prime beer belly blokes going at it because of personal pride or ego, thin skin or whatever u want to call it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi