USSSA Road to the Show tournament in OK?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Anyone been to this tournament in the past. How was it, good and bad.
Meh..Of the three tournaments they have during the WCWS it is the cheapest but run the worst. The TD is a knucklehead. Not sure about competition level at 10’s/12’s.

Jun 8, 2016
Well that don’t sound good. Supposed to be the biggest Utrip tournament of the year.
It's certainly big...that's one of the issues e.g. I don't think the guy can handle a tournament that size. If everything goes perfectly things with that TD it can be fine. Once anything gets out of kilter (rain,etc) it usually turns into a cluster-you-know-what. DD's team needed a tournament before they started the main summer tournaments so they played 16's in it this year (they are 14's) Had rain overnight before the first games and their first two games got moved to a "back up field" which only had Porta-Potties and lights which would have been too low for t-ball. One team walked off the field because they lost a ball above the lights.

Her team has had issues with previous tournaments this guy runs so I wasn't too happy when they signed up for it to begin with..Also, this year at least, I think he got the "bottom of the barrel" fields (even the main ones, eg not the backups) compared to the other two tournaments that go on during the WCWS. Not sure if that will change next year or not.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2019
Meh..Of the three tournaments they have during the WCWS it is the cheapest but run the worst. The TD is a knucklehead. Not sure about competition level at 10’s/12’s.
I whole heartedly agree with you here!!! There's always a large number of teams entered with a wide spectrum of play level, but I feel like this group can't effectively run such a big event (not throwing stones here because I couldn't do it well either, but I also don't try to...). Inevitably, issues arise every single time. When possible, I try to avoid their events altogether, but sometimes there just aren't better options on a given weekend.

That being said, playing in the OKC area during the WCWS and getting a chance to go see the college girls play is an awesome experience. If you enter, know you'll see teams playing at all ability levels; the fields you're assigned to might be amazing, but they might be trash; and be prepared for something wonky to happen that you'll have to roll with.

Jun 8, 2016
That being said, playing in the OKC area during the WCWS and getting a chance to go see the college girls play is an awesome experience. If you enter, know you'll see teams playing at all ability levels; the fields you're assigned to might be amazing, but they might be trash; and be prepared for something wonky to happen that you'll have to roll with.
I agree.

May 13, 2023
It's certainly big...that's one of the issues e.g. I don't think the guy can handle a tournament that size. If everything goes perfectly things with that TD it can be fine. Once anything gets out of kilter (rain,etc) it usually turns into a cluster-you-know-what. DD's team needed a tournament before they started the main summer tournaments so they played 16's in it this year (they are 14's) Had rain overnight before the first games and their first two games got moved to a "back up field" which only had Porta-Potties and lights which would have been too low for t-ball. One team walked off the field because they lost a ball above the lights.

Her team has had issues with previous tournaments this guy runs so I wasn't too happy when they signed up for it to begin with..Also, this year at least, I think he got the "bottom of the barrel" fields (even the main ones, eg not the backups) compared to the other two tournaments that go on during the WCWS. Not sure if that will change next year or not.
Lol geeeez video of someone throwing a water bottle would have sufficed....
Just teasing 😁😄

>>>Honest feedback is good to know!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207