Uniform colors

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 22, 2012
Are there any ASA rules against certain uniform colors? Specifically neon yellow? I beleive there are for gloves but I haven't heard of any for uniforms. Thanks.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Good question. My DD's TB team played a friendly against a team with neon yellow jerseys. We wondered if it was an allowable color, but no one on our bench knew the answer.

Jul 15, 2015
We have the neon yellow as one of our colors. Played both ASA and USSSA with no problems. I did have one ump mention something about our pitcher wearing a neon yellow under amour.

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
One of the teams we played this year had an all-neon yellow uniform. Trust me, I looked in every rule book imaginable trying to find anything restricting the colors, but could not. It's incredibly difficult to pick up the ball leaving the pitcher's hand when she's wearing the same color shirt and pants. There are no rules against it, but I honestly think there should be.

Yet, ironically, one of my batters this year was told by the umpire that she had to remove her white/yellow XProteX batting gloves because they were the same color as the ball (not while playing against the yellow team).

Oct 22, 2009
PA
Yet, ironically, one of my batters this year was told by the umpire that she had to remove her white/yellow XProteX batting gloves because they were the same color as the ball (not while playing against the yellow team).

We need to keep a list of rules made up by umpires.:rolleyes:

Jan 20, 2010
I know there is no rule against uniform color, but I did face a team at a National Tournment just a couple weeks ago that wore optic yellow head bands and socks. I just casually said something to Blue that my girls can not pick up the ball and he said neither can I. I didn't ask for the head band to be removed, just said my batters are saying they are losing the ball. He made the pitcher take it off. Asked if I wanted the socks off too and I just said no the ball is not crossing her sock line and my only complaint was the head band as the ball disappeared for that split second. That would of caused a major explosion....parents on that team were already yelling about the headband. Coach was not happy. But Blue made the pitcher remove it. Right, wrong indifferent. Coach wore those for a reason in my opinion and cool style was not the look he was trying to get. I don't think it was the first time they had been called on that because they had a grey backup headband real handy.

Jun 22, 2008
How is a headband making the ball disappear when the release of the ball is below the hip?

Jan 20, 2010
Ask the Blue that was calling the game Comp.....He said he was losing the ball. My girls said they were having a hard time picking it back up at the release point as the eyes were drawing up top not at the hip for a split second longer. Which was enough to throw off their timing. Like I said right, wrong, I am indifferent. It did not matter to me. I didn't ask that they be removed I told my girls to adjust, I just made a comment, Blue made her take it off. Sometimes Blue makes their own rules.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cloie