Umpire was intentionally hit by pitcher

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 12, 2015
All Over I Coach TB
I have seen it before in my travels. Cannot allow this. Glad to see the players involved lost what ever they earned. Do not deserve to play college ball and probably would have failed anyway. NO CLASS. As for the coaches we have our fair share of these types of Daddy Coaches in our area. Love it when the good Organizations get a chance to play them and put it on them. Ran into one a few weeks ago. We scored 17 before they recorded an out, started to step off and the other coach told us not to. They needed to get what they deserved. I pulled my team off the field and forfeited. Not the kids fault, coach was mad at them from previous game and set them up to fail. Just sad. TB is like having kids. They will let anyone father a child, but make no one be a father to that child.

My advice play in good organizations with accredited coaches no Daddys. Glad I turned mine over after 14U. She plays in the same organization just not for me.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Hey Mike...we played this team. DD owned them...8k 2 hitter. She did manage to hit three batters though...two on the helmet. Hit one girl twice!! On the second shot the girl totally death stared DD. our coach kept calling inside risers....their coaches were pretty cool. I just thought it was funny that they hit an ump and then a few weeks later the softball Gods chose to have DD plunk em a few times. She very rarely hits batters.

Aug 26, 2015
Hey Mike...we played this team. DD owned them...8k 2 hitter. She did manage to hit three batters though...two on the helmet. Hit one girl twice!! On the second shot the girl totally death stared DD. our coach kept calling inside risers....their coaches were pretty cool. I just thought it was funny that they hit an ump and then a few weeks later the softball Gods chose to have DD plunk em a few times. She very rarely hits batters.

Your DD must have channeled the force!
t11ek.jpg

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
I have seen good umps and bad umps. In one case the ump said something inappropriate to the coach of a team DD 1 was on. The coach pulled the team off the field and forfeited the game, second game of a double header. Caused a big stir, but even players who didn't like the coach supported him 100%.
Poor DD 1 was on deck. She was quite angry. Fortunately she played like a demon in the first game, which gave us something more pleasant to discuss on the ride home.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA