Umpire cheering (light bragging about daughter)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 11, 2013
Jackson, MS
12yo daughter pitches P1 or plays SS. This is a rec league. We are playing a team that has not won so daughter does not pitch and is playing 3B this inning. We are well ahead and they have a runner on first with 2 outs. Batter hits a dribbler up the 3rd base line and daughter charges it. AC is yelling "hold it, hold it". Daughter plants and fires to first and gets the out.

As i go out of the dugout the plate ump comes over and says something to the effect of "Oh my God, I was clapping and cheering after that throw, I've never....." genuinely embarrassed and apologizing. I really didn't think much, thought it was a good play but not such a big deal. But the ump was apparently clapping along with all of the spectators.

After the game the ump stayed around after handshakes and mentioned it again saying that was strong and not seen much at this level. Several parents from both teams came up to the daughter commenting on the throw

KCM

Mar 8, 2012
South Carolina
Never really seen an ump out right cheer but do see them all the time encourage the girls and congratulate them when they do something good or just awesome.

Must have been one impressive through and tell your DD good job (even though she did not listen to AC).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rosie