U.S.A./USSSA age chart changes

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
For those who might have missed it over weekend PG decided to follow USA Softball for next season. Not sure the relevance they have in softball, but is interesting that USA no longer alone. Wonder when we will hear definitely from PGF?
They have run some tournaments in the Plains this past year.

Mar 18, 2023
Nobody that I know has given any good logic for the birth year age cutoff USSSA is sticking to. All it does is divide kids in school from teammates they already play with during the travel season.

Seems like USSSA just wants to stick to their guns for the sake of being difficult.

May 17, 2023
They have run some tournaments in the Plains this past year.

They have been doing them for about 3-4 years, but with limited success. The first year two big organizers in KC and St. Louis switched to them, but it didn't go great. The next year St. Louis ditched them.

Besides the website being a little clunky during tournaments, my biggest complaint is never know who is really playing in their tournaments. Have 16 teams showing in division and then schedule comes out and really only 6-8 are playing.

But with their focus on recruiting I think this change does make sense for them.

May 17, 2023
Nobody that I know has given any good logic for the birth year age cutoff USSSA is sticking to. All it does is divide kids in school from teammates they already play with during the travel season.

Seems like USSSA just wants to stick to their guns for the sake of being difficult.

You mean you weren't convinced by "it has been a strength of our organization"?? If PGF switches they will also (even if takes extra year) no way they risk being the only outlier.

Mar 18, 2023
Everybody laughs when you tell them that's what the email said.

"it has been a strength of our organization"

What does that even mean?

Jun 8, 2021
Hello all. Anyone know of any updates from Alliance, etc on their choice on age classification?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 15, 2017
If they did it by grad year how would the alphabet groups make money selling wrist bands?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Jan 12, 2023
Does anyone know if Alliance will continue following USA Softball for the 2024 season (which will change the age cutoff to August 31)? Alliance has not updated their website.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles