U.S.A./USSSA age chart changes

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 17, 2023
Does anyone have any updates on whether PFG and Alliance will implement the new age cutoff this fall??

Anything new on this? Last I heard both USSSA and PGF were saying "at this time" they don't anticipate changing the age cutoff next year. Haven't heard anything about PG or Alliance.

I know it is way too much to ask that all the letters get on the same page, but having different cutoffs is going to be a mess......

Jul 31, 2019
I did get conformation from the USSSA IL State Director (Perry) that USSSA is NOT changing their cut-off dates for next year.

Jun 8, 2016
USSSA Fastpitch
May 19, 2023

Statement Regarding Age Eligibility (ASA):

At this time USSSA has no intentions of changing its age eligibility timeline, which is currently January 1. The current age eligibility structure for USSSA Fastpitch has been a strength of our organization and we do not plan on making any adjustments. You can review the age calculator should you have any questions regarding your athlete's eligibility within our organization.

May 17, 2023
USSSA Fastpitch
May 19, 2023

Statement Regarding Age Eligibility (ASA):

At this time USSSA has no intentions of changing its age eligibility timeline, which is currently January 1. The current age eligibility structure for USSSA Fastpitch has been a strength of our organization and we do not plan on making any adjustments. You can review the age calculator should you have any questions regarding your athlete's eligibility within our organization.
I am curious why they think "the current age eligibility structure.....has been a strength of our organization"? Or even why they added that to the statement? Other than being simple and way it is now, not sure what the advantage of using calendar year is.

Obviously USA thought it was an advantage to match closer to recruiting class, which I can understand the thought there. Maybe USSSA thought it sounded too basic to just say "we like how it is now".

Jun 8, 2016
I am curious why they think "the current age eligibility structure.....has been a strength of our organization"? Or even why they added that to the statement? Other than being simple and way it is now, not sure what the advantage of using calendar year is.

Obviously USA thought it was an advantage to match closer to recruiting class, which I can understand the thought there. Maybe USSSA thought it sounded too basic to just say "we like how it is now".
Yeah, I don't know. ChatGPT generated statement? :LOL:

May 17, 2023
For those who might have missed it over weekend PG decided to follow USA Softball for next season. Not sure the relevance they have in softball, but is interesting that USA no longer alone. Wonder when we will hear definitely from PGF?

Attachments

• PG Age Chart.jpg
    PG Age Chart.jpg
    337.7 KB · Views: 65

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00