Turning the barrel

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Sheffield_pat_seq.gif

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
HI PROPAGANDA, the swivel., used by all MLB hitters:p "Do you have a gif of sheffeild"

Definition of propaganda.
Propaganda is a form of communication that is aimed towards influencing the attitude of a community toward some cause or position by presenting only one side of an argument. Propaganda is usually repeated and dispersed over a wide variety of media in order to create the chosen result in audience attitudes

This place stinks of HI

Last edited:

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
HI PROPAGANDA, the swivel,. used by all MLB hitters:p "Do you have a gif of sheffeild"

Propaganda is a form of communication that is aimed towards influencing the attitude of a community toward some cause or position by presenting only one side of an argument. Propaganda is usually repeated and dispersed over a wide variety of media in order to create the chosen result in audience attitudes

This place stinks of HI

You should not place a comma directly in front of a period.

Just because you spelled Sheffield wrong, doesn't mean you can join my mis-spellers' camp.

Last edited:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Mann,
I don't know the poster. I am not a member of HI. I read the HI blog. Which you are free to read. I also read DFP, BBD, and BBF. I will refrain from posting any further "propaganda" your way. Take care.

R

RayR

ehhh - we were talking of turning the barrel long before you started posting here....or I started using HI cues/drills/etc....

Back then no one oreally had a problem with turning the barrel....when HI was attached to it - everyone started coming out of the woodwork....

HI PROPAGANDA, the swivel,. used by all MLB hitters:p "Do you have a gif of sheffeild"

This place stinks of HI

Jun 17, 2010
HI PROPAGANDA, the swivel., used by all MLB hitters:p "Do you have a gif of sheffeild"

This place stinks of HI

This is why I usually don't get involved in threads. Too much hostility. Don't know who mann is or much about HI except for what I've read on here.

I was just reading a thread about " Turning the Barrel " and everyone always uses Pujols or Cabrera as models. Sheffield popped in my head as perfect for this thread. Sorry I got involved. Will go back to lurking.

At least I learned a new definition of a word!:rolleyes:

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
ehhh - we were talking of turning the barrel long before you started posting here....or I started using HI cues/drills/etc....

Back then no one oreally had a problem with turning the barrel....when HI was attached to it - everyone started coming out of the woodwork....

I read some posts and saw many mention turning the barrel. But, I could not picture it.

Then i saw someone link a Tewks video on turning the barrel, a pivot point, and tilt.

He was saying, he used to teach Knob, then pivot, two moves, but turning the barrel was much quicker, and simpler, and only one move.

To me, this is how i see "turning the barrel"

Here is a clip, from u tube, of Tewks "turning the barrel".

mann's Photos : Photo Keywords : turnthebarrel 

i continue to look for the whole clip, because he demonstrates the pivot point also.

For the ones that understand, the 'hitters box" approach, it is one and the same.

both work well on arm positioning, and hand/wrist work, just add tilt.

pivot clip

mann's Photos : Photo Keywords : pivot 

Feb 3, 2013

This place stinks of HI

th_Bonds_tophand4.gif

15cozdg.gif

Hamiltonforearmrotation.gif

Hoping you see the difference?

What is it about HI's teachings that you feel "stinks"?

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
Hi Marcus. Care to take up my challenge in my dds thread??

Please, feel free to post your HS girls student.

I would like to see if you really can teach.

My dd "turns the triangle" a little to well.

ya, i can see the difference, thanks rdbass. Instead of turning the triangle, i should say, turn the box.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shameria0413