Trying the Riseball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2014
boomers,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r81Klz-3LIs&feature=em-subs_digest

I signed up for Paulygirl youtube subscription, I think, I sign up for lots of things... but I receive videos occasionally. this is the one I got on the 15th. very good stuff from Rick. thank you Rick! I don't know if Sarah reads any of this stuff but just in case thank you Sarah. in my experience working with girls, on many things not just pitching, you never know what will get them to the aha moment. it could be a video she watches, another pitcher she watches or talks to about technique, it could be something you say or she tries by experimenting.... you get the point. hope this helps your dd in her journey. she looks fantastic by the way.

Oct 10, 2012
Oklahoma
I don't know what the OILF comment means. I've noticed most umps don't call illegal pitches on a crow hop anyway so I was wondering if that was actually illegal. My DD's only 9, not even pitching a full year, so I'm still learning. Thanks for the sarcasm though. Always appreciated.

My apologies. There are a lot of people that get on here and only post/comment of the negative. I should not have assumed you were doing the same. My fault. As to your question. Yes, leaping is technically illegal but when there is a pitching rubber with a hole in front of it to push from, the leap isn't near as noticeable. Just an FYI, there is a big difference between a crow hop and a leap. A crow hope is when the drag foot is replanted and then is used to "re push". The leap is just as it sounds......

Jun 12, 2015
No problem :) Thanks for the info. I didn't realize there was a difference but it seems obvious now that you said that.

Dec 27, 2014
boomers,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r81Klz-3LIs&feature=em-subs_digest

I signed up for Paulygirl youtube subscription, I think, I sign up for lots of things... but I receive videos occasionally. this is the one I got on the 15th. very good stuff from Rick. thank you Rick! I don't know if Sarah reads any of this stuff but just in case thank you Sarah. in my experience working with girls, on many things not just pitching, you never know what will get them to the aha moment. it could be a video she watches, another pitcher she watches or talks to about technique, it could be something you say or she tries by experimenting.... you get the point. hope this helps your dd in her journey. she looks fantastic by the way.
Interesting to me that RP talks about introducing the RB to girls earlier than later. Makes very good sense for the reasons he states. But, I remember reading the RB should not be practiced until teenage years due to potential harm to a growing girls arm and minimal benefit if speed is not up?

When DD first started pitching with whip she could not really control her hand. Most would be a screwball and some she would turn over. Now almost seven months in, no screwballs any more but now her PC is starting her on RB spin drills. She is thinking just practicing the spins and then some 9 oclock stuff without really using in full motion for a few years. DD never had any pain when she mostly threw screwballs, any harm in practicing a full motion rise at age 10?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd