Truly Love Softball?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
At 16U I am not sure how interested I would be in paying for batting and pitching lessons if my DD was not trying to make it to the next level, not to mention the expense of overnight tournaments, and PGF/ASA Nationals.

I agree with this sentiment as do many other parents. However, there are many B level teams and some A level teams in our area that play only local (meaning within 1 1/2 hr drive) tournaments against some very good competition. I still believe that it is up to the parents, even at that age since they will be footing the bill, to guide their DD to a team that will be the right fit for them.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I agree with this sentiment as do many other parents. However, there are many B level teams and some A level teams in our area that play only local (meaning within 1 1/2 hr drive) tournaments against some very good competition. I still believe that it is up to the parents, even at that age since they will be footing the bill, to guide their DD to a team that will be the right fit for them.

There are a lot of TB options at the younger age groups, but in our area there is a big drop off in the lower classifications at 16U.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06