Triple play?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
DD catches Fly #1... throws to 3rd basemen, steps on bag #2 (force player running from second) tags player trying to return to 3rd... #3 ... :cool:

It looks like your DD catches the ball for out #1, then throws to 3B who steps on bag for out #2 (base runner who went home), when the runner from 2nd base steps off the bag at 3B she is tagged and called out for out #3 (watch the umpire ring her up). If the runner from 2nd had stayed on the bag, your team could have thrown back to 2nd base to appeal her leaving early and she still would have been out.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
It looks like your DD catches the ball for out #1, then throws to 3B who steps on bag for out #2 (base runner who went home), when the runner from 2nd base steps off the bag at 3B she is tagged and called out for out #3 (watch the umpire ring her up). If the runner from 2nd had stayed on the bag, your team could have thrown back to 2nd base to appeal her leaving early and she still would have been out.

I'm changing my opinion. Watching the video again more closely, I think I do see R2 tagged, followed by PU ringing her up for 3rd out. I do think F5 was confused and only tagged R2 because she stepped off the base rather than tagging her for an appeal for advancing without tagging up. The PU definitely seems to be on the ball with his calls during the play. Under these circumstances, an experienced F5 will tag everyone in the vicinity of the bag, including the base coach, just in case there is any confusion sorting the play out.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00