Triple Crown World Series

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 14, 2011
Hi All-

I wasn't sure whether to put this in the Coach section or here, so here I am. I'm the team admin for our 12u team and we're heading to San Diego for the TCS World Series in July. We were also at the 10u TCS WS in Park City last year, but I missed out on some stuff. I have a couple of questions about some of the extras that happen.

First, we're supposed to have a banner for the Opening Day Parade/Ceremony. I'm trying to keep the budget for this low...do most people do a traditional team banner...like back in the old rec days? What happens if we don't have one? Is that tacky?

Second, the TCS website says there is a gift exchange with the first team you play in bracket play. Any idea on what this entails? Last year, this "event" was cancelled, so we didn't have to worry about it.

I've got pins taken care of...but working on hotels...boy, San Diego is expensive in July!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
Typically gift exchange is kept low $$ as in $10-15 per bag. We asked each parent to contribute 12-13 of same item to put into bag...i.e. 12-13 bag of chew gum; 12-13 water bottles; 12-13 cheap trinkets softball related; 12-13 chapsticks with SPF; 12-13 small bags of sunflower seeds; etc.

Not sure about the banners though.

HTH.

Jan 31, 2011
The team I coach has gone to a USSSA World Series the past 3 years. Don't skimp on the gift bag. We asked every player to buy an item (15 of them) to put in the gift bag. The girls can come up with cool ideas. Its a huge let down when we made some awesome bags and then our exchange team had very little. Those things mean a lot to young girls. Also, the opening ceremonies (at least for USSSA) is a huge party. Noise makers, candy to throw, beach balls, squirt guns, frisbies to throw, anything out of the ordinary is a huge hit with the girls. Your team is spending a bunch on going to the event, don't skimp on the details. Its worth it. Of course trading pins are a must!

Feb 4, 2013
We have hit up the chamber of commerce for donations to the team gift bags. Sometimes they have cool stuff like water bottles and tshirts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpalesse