Transgender law allows CA male to make girls' softball team

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 7, 2008
Tucson
I read and don't have my sources - She is 6'2" and only played Freshman baseball. She did not initially make the softball team, until she was included during a closed door meeting, but no one is saying that she was the topic. She lives with her family in various Motel 6s and has a 4.1 grade point average. She is student body president, was on the homecoming court and is a cheerleader.

I am still waiting to see her overhand throw. I wonder if the school is strong or weak in softball? No one knows if she will even get in a game.

I started to play senior baseball 5 years ago. Then, I realized that I was out of my league and I didn't do it. The organization had no rules against me playing.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
One thing I've noticed is there is an assumption that this boy, by virtual of being male, will automatically be bigger and stronger than all the girls he plays against. We don't know that. There are plenty of small males out there. The fact that he played baseball as a freshman indicates nothing. A lot of freshman teams have smaller boys on them.

Look at wrestling, which someone brought up before. There are girls who defeat boys in wrestling, boys who identify as boys. It usually happens in the lighter weight classes, where the strength isn't as much of an issue. It's more of a level playing field.

Just like girls, boys come in all shapes and sizes. If he is identifying as female, he may not have typical male characteristics.

Article said she was "strapping" and Amy just said she is 6'2

That's def not small framed...haha

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Gosh, I guess I live in a totally different world than most on this site. The folks in our country are losing their minds. In my part of the county this would not even be an issue, In nature when describing the differences between male and female it is as clear as a stem on a apple. There either is one or there ain't, cut and dry.

Cut and dry might not be the best term in this conversation. Or maybe it is

Feb 1, 2012
NJ
I am trying to take the trans gender factor out of it.

Last year at a 14u TB tournament there was a team from out of state that showed up with a BOY on the team. We did not have to play this team, but like everyone else we had to go take a look. One of the teams protested and said it should not be allowed to the tournament director. The director replied that it said female on the birth certificate so it was out of there hands.After all they could not make the kid go into the bathroom and drop it's pants to look.

Watching the kid play you could just see it was a boy. He wore baseball style pants, stood in the batters box like a boy, ran like a boy and moved like a boy in the field playing second base like a boy. Just the suttle ways that he moved his arm when he threw the ball and ran the bases. The birth certificate said female!!! What do you do? I say if it looks lile a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck. It must be a duck.

Now lets look at it from the other side. I was at a highschool basket ball game the other day and a friend of mine that coaches pee we football points to one of the girls on the floor and says to me. "That girl right there was the best nose tackle I ever had on any of my teams". She was a monster. Girls play football. But sooner or later the boys catch up and the girl can't over power the boys like she was younger. Some of the people on this board might have had girls that played baseball when they were younger. Is that wrong. I have seen more and more girls get into wrestling, some making the high school teams. Would I have wrestled a girl in high school? No way! Half of the moves I put on boys I just would not be comfortable doing to a girl on the mats. We have seen specials on ESPN about girls that play boys sports like baseball and football. Why is is wrong? Why is is OK? When you hear of a boy that wants to play a girls sport it ends up on 20/20 of 60min. Why is it wrong?

Mike Trout grew up a few miles from here. I saw him take batting practice in high school one day. More guys were over the fence to get balls then on the field. Would I let DD pitch to him from 43'. LOL No Way No How. I would not pitch to him from 80'

Now the fact is I don't have boys. If I did I don't think I would let him play what is a girls sport. I would like to think if I was this kids parent I would be strong enough to support him. If my DD wanted to play a boys sport in high school I would have to support her. Would I want it to happen. NO WAY!

The one thing I want to know about the kid in CA. Is he/she any good? For all I know they can't even play. For all I know he might hit the ball like Mike Trout.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
In the pictures, she is clearly taller than her father.

My DD played basketball against 2 very male players. They had feminine names. Grandparents were about the only ones that cared. The girls never mentioned that one of their opponents looked like a boy. I actually was proud of the girls for being themselves. I would never ask a coach for a birth certificate.

Dec 20, 2012
Let's get one thing straight, HE is a transgender not a transsexual. He is still for all biological purposes a male. He can think female, act female and call himself female, but he is not female. He could at any time of his choosing and with a willing partner initiate regular heterosexual, man/woman sexual intercourse, and this is something females cannot do.

If I decided I was black on the inside and began identifying myself as so should I receive the same benefits as other minorities? NO, I'm not a minority. Same thing, he is a HE!!!! I can't call a cheetah a horse and enter it in the Kentucky Derby! Now it is assumed he would not be able to play college ball on a scholarship, I guess. What if he was starting in front of one of your daughters at pitcher. She was good enough to play at a small college but not getting any play time because of the boy on the team. Now coaches aren't seeing her and her chances go WAY down. There is enough competition for girls with each other without brining boys into the mix. And don't give me that crap about girls playing on a boys team. In that situation there is one that is at a disadvantage and should sign a waiver in order to participate. When a boy plays with girls everyone else is at a disadvantage except the boy.(just by comparison of an average 17 yr old boy to girl, not the case every time)

I have no problem with homosexuality, I have no problem with transgender individuals, I do have a problem with the needs of the few constantly over-riding the rights of the many!!

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
What is the potential liability if an opposing player gets hurt by a line drive hit by the transgender player......I bet there would be a line of lawyers around the block begging for the case!

Mar 26, 2013
I didn't realize they got enough signatures. Interesting. ...
It is up in the air whether they have enough valid signatures. They submitted 619k signatures for the 504K required to get it on the ballot. The initial spot checking results were slightly below what they need, but close enough for the state to proceed on to checking every signature.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
And don't give me that crap about girls playing on a boys team. In that situation there is one that is at a disadvantage and should sign a waiver in order to participate. [/SIZE]

I def agree with the fact that this is completely diff than a girl wanting to play a boys sport like football, baseball or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole