Tough situation

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 22, 2012
From bad to worse.

Here is an update. We are 7-4 on the season. As of Thursday all 3 assistant coaches and 10 girls quit the team. My DD and 4 others are left. New coach is scrambling to field enough players to finish the season.

Attached is a link to the newpaper story in yesterdays paper.

Pulaski

Apr 5, 2009
NE Kansas
Good for your daughter hanging in there. Nothing worse than power struggles. She is learning about realities regardless of how things turn out. A cookie has two sides, which is why oreo's are sometimes best. :)

Apr 7, 2014
It sounds as though the administration (athletic director, principal, school board) did not have a good handle on the situation... and that is what these people are paid to do.

Jun 24, 2013
Not to defend the coach but they are on the 3rd HC since last year. Maybe it is a 12U rec coach at this point.

Nov 27, 2010
Not to defend the coach but they are on the 3rd HC since last year. Maybe it is a 12U rec coach at this point.

Not sure I understand. The one from 2 years ago is dead and the other was removed by the administration for what appears to be a mysterious reason. They were told of the issues and stuck with their decision. The admin is to blame, not the coach. The coach may know nothing, maybe doesn't know how to handle female teenagers, but regardless, the admin should have a handle on the situation. And obviously they felt the alternative was worse.

Too much drama for sure. Sorry to hear about it.

Jul 2, 2013
Honestly she would not have tried out. I had not mentioned that she is in the 8th grade playing up. If she would have known he was going to be coach, she would have played middle-school ball this year.

This will be my last post. DD will play as long as there is somewhere to play. Honestly, I regret even posting what I have. Just needed to vent somerwhere. We will try to keep a positive attitude towards the team and hold our tounges around the rest of the team and parents. I don't want to be "that" parent that constantly keeps everything stirred up. Looking forward to watching from the outfield.:cool:

Thanks to all that have replied.

Good choice.

Folks need to be mindful that a bunch of people nationally read this board. It is very easy to put two and two together, and figure out which team is being talked about, and further, exactly who the poster is. You may be anonomous once, but any more than that, you are not.

I take it or granted I am being read by local people, sure of it. Even then mistakes on my part are made. Great venue to make statements affecting softball though. It cuts both ways.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Good choice.

Folks need to be mindful that a bunch of people nationally read this board. It is very easy to put two and two together, and figure out which team is being talked about, and further, exactly who the poster is. You may be anonomous once, but any more than that, you are not.

I take it or granted I am being read by local people, sure of it. Even then mistakes on my part are made. Great venue to make statements affecting softball though. It cuts both ways.

It makes it especially easy when the linked article states the name of the school. ;)

Dec 19, 2012
Something's just not right.......three assistant coaches and 10 players walk yet the AD, Principal, and other members of the administation stick with keeping the coach.

You stated in an earlier post that you would be watching from the outfield. Maybe you should be watching from behind the backstop......I know I would be in this situation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KittyGoneWild