Top teams in the nation that are not franchising?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
BTW, it would be pretty awesome if someone would get on Twitter and ask IPF if they are part of Nebraska Gold. I would pay good money to see the all caps response. #TRUTH!

Jun 8, 2016
I don’t know what is worse. An org expanding outside their region or one which just has too many teams in their region. Both tend to water down the brand if there isn’t oversight but at least in the former case you have a chance to tap into a different talent pool…A few of the orgs here in OK have taken the latter route..

Jun 27, 2021
I don’t know what is worse. An org expanding outside their region or one which just has too many teams in their region. Both tend to water down the brand if there isn’t oversight but at least in the former case you have a chance to tap into a different talent pool…
Coaches know which ones to follow and which ones pay the mortgage. EC as an example, you can be one of the many. But EC Schnute is the team that brings out P5 coaches, not to say the others don't have kids get recruited but they not playing at the level of Schnute top to bottom of the roster. Same for Firecrackers Rico, Mojo Fisher etc.

Jun 8, 2016
Coaches know which ones to follow and which ones pay the mortgage.
I know that but you just have to wonder if the opinion of the general public eventually causes the ones the org hopes are the "calling cards" to suffer..Probably not I guess since the top teams of these bigger, franchised orgs don't seem to be suffering much even after 10+ years of "franchising"

Jun 8, 2016
I didn't know the Bandits had a CA team..that's interesting. Although I guess if you want to add a team somewhere and make it is still on brand CA is the place to do it (that said I have no idea if the CA team is any good..)

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
There's a new Wichita Mustangs 16u team forming in Florida

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
He has a history of bringing in kids from out of state. I talked to Mark one night in Colorado for a few hours. He will bring in kids from out of state and have them live with local families so they can practice together. He doesn't like the idea of fly in to meet and play in a tourney. He wants buy in for the whole summer.

Apr 20, 2015
I didn't know the Bandits had a CA team..that's interesting. Although I guess if you want to add a team somewhere and make it is still on brand CA is the place to do it (that said I have no idea if the CA team is any good..)

Bandits allowed one team in California to use their name this year because they wanted to play PGF and their organization wouldn’t allow them too. It’s not a franchise plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 4, 2018

From my understanding, the Beverly Bandits team from California used to be a Corona Angels team. The Corona Angels would not allow this team to play in PGF Nationals. PGF Nationals is pretty much in this teams backyard. Corona Angels are affiliated with Alliance Fastpitch. This was how this team figured out a way to continue to play PGF.

Can't say I blame this team for wanting to change organizations. If that is the true story behind this. Every family probably saved $4,000 by playing PGF Nationals instead of going to Oklahoma or Indiana for week to play Alliance Nationals.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdwingnut