Top teams in the nation that are not franchising?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 4, 2018
I am only knowledgeable to the midwest in regards to top travel softball programs. Who are the top programs in the nation that do not franchise, and don't water down there brand?

Beverly Bandits is the top team to come to mind in the midwest.
Some other very good organizations that do not franchise in the midwest would be, in no particular order.
Indiana Magic Gold
Illinois Chill Gold
Iowa Premier

^^^ I don't believe those teams franchise. At least not to the extent of the Batbusters, Texas Glory, Bombers, Firecrackers, Lady Dukes, etc.

May 27, 2013
There are a few in the NE that don’t franchise outside of their own state, but they do pull in a few different teams at each age level (usually younger teams looking to join up with a top-name org). So unless you are playing their top 18U team, the rest can be questionable as to how good they are.

Apr 27, 2020
I am only knowledgeable to the midwest in regards to top travel softball programs. Who are the top programs in the nation that do not franchise, and don't water down there brand?

Some other very good organizations that do not franchise in the midwest would be, in no particular order.
Indiana Magic Gold
Illinois Chill Gold
Iowa Premier

^^^ I don't believe those teams franchise. At least not to the extent of the Batbusters, Texas Glory, Bombers, Firecrackers, Lady Dukes, etc.
Louisville Lady Sluggers https://www.ladysluggers.com/

Jun 27, 2021

Indiana Magic Gold
Illinois Chill Gold
Iowa Premier

BB has a team in CA and Iowa Premier is part of Nebraska Gold if I'm not mistaken. But yes, not to the extent of those teams like Batbusters, Glory, Bombers, Firecrackers, Lady Dukes, Mojo and now VA Unity.

Dec 11, 2010
Pattar is correct. Nebraska Gold and Iowa Premier def not affiliated.

IPF brought over an entire Nebraska Gold team a few years ago. That Nebraska team had a really good pitcher named Jordy Bahl.

The merger did not go well. There were hard feelings.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdwingnut