Too early to predict WCWS Champion?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
Interesting to see how OK City is getting more big city events.
I've had family in what is now Oklahoma for a very long time, although my grandfather's family came later and didn't arrive until shortly after statehood.
In the old days the big events were pow-wows, rodeos and Sooner football.
Now they have NBA basketball and good college softball. We know which one is more important.

Dec 20, 2012
You forgot rattlesnake roundups, I hunted in three in the last month. lol That's big time entertainment, Larry the cable Guy would be jealous. If the oil and gas take a down hill slide watch OK dry up faster than Lake Oroville.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
Tornado chasing is big, too.
One time one of my cousins heard on TV there was a tornado in OKC, downwind so he went outside to get a better look. Another funnel cloud was headed right at him. Luckily went over the house and touched down on the other side, knocking down a few trees.
We do get a few twisters in Wisconsin. A tornado hit the house of a girl on DD #3's TB team. Luckily only her brother was home. He grabbed the dog and hid under a table, watching the cat use up a life or two flying through the living room.

Dec 20, 2012
Ok, tx, al, ks, and numerous other states have them and I ain't chasing crap! I load up the dogs and leave Dodge. I work for electric co. and usually some of the first on site. Her are a couple of shots from the bucket truck and my old house. It is scary for kids to be, then parents trying to get home and end up caught in the storms. Knock on wood no twisters at HOF during World Series. Honestly not real sure how OKC ended up with the series.image.jpgimage.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd