This mitt is becoming popular

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 8, 2010
We have just come out with another version of the JCV-VM called the JCV-22. It is made of steerhide instead of the Kip leather. All leather construction but much faster break in time. This one is made to be ready in a couple weeks rather than a couple months. Same padding as the original but at a lower price point. MSRP is 159 versus 209 for the original Kip version. email me for your price if interested.

Nov 23, 2010
North Carolina
Looks like I ordered a couple of weeks too soon.:( You could tell the mitt is great quality when you took it out of the box and would take some time to break in. GDD took her JCV-VM to her catching coach to help break in so maybe it will not take too long to break in.

I like the 159 price point also.:)

And thanks for the great service. I ordered the mitt on Mon morning, it was shipped that same day and arrived on Tues, Valentines day. I was her hero for the day.

Aug 8, 2010
Glad you like it. Just tell her to be patient with it. It will come around. As a Rep I can save you a little money off of MSRP in the future if you ever need anything else.

Casey

Nov 23, 2010
North Carolina
Thanks Casey, I will keep that in mind.

I have to wait and see how much fielding she does this year before I order her a fielding glove. Seems like every team she plays on she is the primary catcher. And if she is not catching, they usually throw her in the outfield. She is a great catcher, but an even better third baseman but never gets to play there. So, I'll have to see what happens.

Apr 1, 2010
Thanks Casey, I will keep that in mind.

I have to wait and see how much fielding she does this year before I order her a fielding glove. Seems like every team she plays on she is the primary catcher. And if she is not catching, they usually throw her in the outfield. She is a great catcher, but an even better third baseman but never gets to play there. So, I'll have to see what happens.

Yep, DD's team has so many girls that practice/play third, there's no way for her to even get to practice there. It's catcher or outfield, though she did get to practice a couple of minutes at second the other day when the backup 2nd baseman was gone.
:-D

Nov 23, 2010
North Carolina
Yea, the only reason I know she a good third basemen is she had to play it in middle school ball because that is where they needed her. The first game I saw her play it, she made a difficult play look easy. I had to turn to my son and ask him if that was my GD. She continued to impress me the rest of the year. The outfield she plays ok, she is quick but not fast and has no idea how to play it. :) Hopefully she will get to play third more this year.

C.K

Mar 16, 2012
I would sure like to know how well this fits a girl with a small hand. The glove looks very well designed and constructed! Please let me know. I have a Danish catcher who needs a lefty mitt and she has small hands, normal for a girl 5'4".

One thing that concerns me is the width of the palm heel. I am curious if it is wider than a Nokona CM275BF? That might be a detriment to a small hand.

Its a smaller glove than the Nokona, but it has a deep pocket.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan