Things not to do again...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
If working with a pitching student with ADHD, never return the ball until you are back on the bucket. Walked up to one, talked, handed her the ball, turned and started walking to the bucket. Halfway there I got nailed on the back of the neck.

Never let a fast throwing college pitcher's dad catch without FULL gear on. She threw one of those riseballs that cannot possibly jump up. It did, right over his glove and nailed him in the middle of the chest. He had caught for her since she was 9.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2009
Never let a fast throwing college pitcher's dad catch without FULL gear on. She threw one of those riseballs that cannot possibly jump up. It did, right over his glove and nailed him in the middle of the chest. He had caught for her since she was 9.

I have a college girl, her older sister catches her, she was throwing warm-up pitches, and her sister was waiting for --one more pitch---before putting on her mask, and that next pitch hit the right in front of the plate on the lip came up and busted her chin wide open.

Never wait for --one more pitch---to put on your mask.

Mar 31, 2013
Don't make me show a pic of me drilling out my big toe from a wild pitch from my 10y/o.

That was the BEST feeling ever after I drilled it out. Aaahhh!

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
While teaching a 10yr old with adhd the difference in swings and how its like throwing the bat towards center field. Then immediately front tossing light flights to her from about 20' back... a 29" dimarini vendetta leaves one hell of a bruise on a shin bone!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG