There is NOTHING like that new glove smell !

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Must be Glove Day... Got the Vinci Today too!!! Pitcher's/Middle fielders. I went through Chaz, and got great Service & $Price !!! It is a custom, and got it 2 weeks faster than posted on their web-side. :cool:

CG.jpg

Get better pic later...took this one w/tablet

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Haha, yeah I'm anxious to see that look too! Casey has been beating up on it but I know it's gonna be stiff. She's 13 and a very strong kid, we've got some time to work with it before she "needs" to use it full time. Her twin sister just blew out her Wilson and I'm looking to replace that asap. She's a Pitcher/SS/Second base and sometimes outfielder. Not sure exactly which way to go for her at this point though?
DD was able to game her JCV-VM after about a month of breaking it in, even after Casedawg worked it. The best thing we did was go to an outdoor batting cage and catch those water logged dimple balls. The mitt is still not floppy after four travel and two MS seasons. Probably around 200 games plus catching pitching lessons. There's no telling how many pitches this thing has caught. Pic below.

As far as a fielding glove goes I would recommend a Vinci BV1929-L. It's a great utility glove that plays smaller than the 12.5" it's listed at.
image.jpg

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
My dd's catcher's mitt (Not a Vinci - Her school is sponsored by Louisville Slugger for equipment) finally arrived two weeks ago. She brought it over to break it in. I put a thermal sock over a 20 lb. kettleball and we pounded the bejesus out of it with the kettleball. No heat, no oils, etc. In 30 minutes it was game ready.

Out the door now, on the way to buy a 30lb. Kettleball........

Dec 19, 2012
OK Whats a Kettleball

Kettlebell / Kettleball

kettlebell_2.jpg

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Vinci Mitt 2-12-16.jpgVinci Mitt02-12-16.jpgVinciMitt2-16.jpg

New Vinci JCV-VM for DD...yes, there was a look of wtf when she first slipped it on and tried to squeeze. She's got her work cut out for her! Thank you Casey, this mitt is going to be awesome!!

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Where did you get your daughter's mitt from? I'm in the market for a catchers mitt for a left handed thrower and am currently borrowing my brother's back up.
We got that Vinci from Casedawg51, contact him or one of the other Vinci dealers on here. iI's a great mitt!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA