The LSU Thread

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Take their hands across their chest?

;)

It’s an emphasis of the feel of going into the “Along”.

I often perform such a barrel pump between swings. Gives me of me a sense of purpose and intent … of being a hunter of the ball … of the action that takes place when the pedal meets the metal.

If you wish to teach bringing the barrel across your chest, then have it. It's not for me.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
It’s an emphasis of the feel of going into the “Along”.

I often perform such a barrel pump between swings. Gives me of me a sense of purpose and intent … of being a hunter of the ball … of the action that takes place when the pedal meets the metal.

Cool that you found a feel/thought trigger that helps your full swing.

If you wish to teach bringing the barrel across your chest, then have it. It's not for me.

It's not for me, either. That's one thing we can agree on.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Cool that you found a feel/thought trigger that helps your full swing.

I have a laundry list of such feels.

Every swing is an adjustment ... and often an adjustment off of the last swing I just made. Me personally, based on the feel of what I believe I need emphasized in my next swing, I'll perform a particular dry swing mechanic. With the feel captured I step back in the box and direct my attention to the task at hand ... fully trusting that the mechanic I just felt is embedded in short-term memory.

Jun 18, 2010
Sahvanna Jaquish: LSU v. UCONN Bottom 3rd HR

sahvanna_jaquish_hr_zps806sic3s.gif

Dec 4, 2013
Anyone watch "Building a Championship Hitter" by Dobson? I like a lot of the concepts (stance, load, stride) that Dobson preaches about. And after watching LSU all weekend, all the girls generally follow this advice. He does a pretty good job of keeping it simple....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414