Tell me what you see...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Don't know who your daughter is attempting to emulate, but you certainly won't find Bustos performing a bear squat move like this to end up in such a 'stance'.

eu4jef.gif

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
This hand movement of "back, up & in" is a movement you want .... but it is taking place from such a high hand position that the launch position is reached with the top hand towards the top of the helmet. Turning the barrel from here isn't what you want to do. You wouldn't draw your top hand up towards the top of your head to throw a punch, and you don't want to be doing that here either. You would feel much more powerful with the hands at about the rear arm-pit to shoulder level.

eziq7s.gif

Jun 26, 2012
Thanks FiveFrame. This is the type of input I was looking for. As I mentioned before I look at her so much, I needed new eyes and some honest input.

She is exaggerating the squat some. she doesn't do that in game swing although we were talking about balance and some tilt so.... in her head... I guess that's what she thought she should do.

So you are saying her should start from such a high point? The slo mo video made me realize how she raises her hands so much at the end of her load. More of load back and not up so much? thanks again

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Minus the DBSF comment you received some good input.

I'm seeing a leveling/dropping of the hands before launch. It's not as extreme a DBSF (I know you don't love that term) move as we frequently see with young hitters, and it happens pretty quickly, but I'm still seeing some of that action happening.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
I'm seeing a leveling/dropping of the hands before launch. It's not as extreme a DBSF (I know you don't love that term) move as we frequently see with young hitters, and it happens pretty quickly, but I'm still seeing some of that action happening.

The static position she is in, which resembles a 'launch' position, has her hands so high that she must move them down. She would look pretty silly otherwise.

Take note that she is performing tee-work .... and not seeing a ball coming towards here. This is not a 'leveling to the perceived pitch location' type issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan