Tell me what you see...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 26, 2012
I have lurked for a long time and replied here and there. Finally time to post my DD hitting. Shes a lefty. We are working on slapping but I focused on hitting first. She has taken some lessons and its a lesson in the video but more of a tune-up. Between what her instructor taught her and I heard from her and this site, we have gone it alone mostly for the past two years.

Latley, her timing is off or something. I look at her so much that I cant figure out what to do or work on. I see hands first too much. I see some tilt and getting shoulders and bat in the zone. She slices a lot on outside pitches. not off a tee but on live pitching. Let me know what you think.

[video=youtube_share;tEUIQ871p3U]http://youtu.be/tEUIQ871p3U[/video]

First time posting video ever!

May 24, 2013
So Cal
The first things that jump out at me...
- Load-PAUSE-swing. The swing should be a continuous movement. The pause is a swing killer.
- Rear leg is spinning (bug-squishing) and the lower body is not contributing to the power of the swing. All that's left to do is swing with the arms. The rear hip has to snap forward, pulling the rear foot up onto the toes, not spinning the heel rearward.
- DBSF swing pattern. As she starts her swing, her hands drop and level the bat behind her before launching the barrel forward. Learn to turn the barrel to contact.

Jun 18, 2010
Upper half loads instead of loading around the back leg/hip (out of sequence) Hips go forward, hands go back.
Independent front leg (reaching with the front leg) can contribute to her rear leg spin (bug-squish) Eric mentioned.

Jun 18, 2010
cabu_zps677feefa.gif

Cabrera_inside_side.gif

Jun 26, 2012
Thanks for the input.

She has gotten away from the stretch. She is exaggerating it in the video but her game swing is set (where she sways to stay loose), then load when pitchers starts her wind up, no movement from that point till she pulls the trigger. We have been working on turning the barrel. We have tried the beach ball to turn the box... Any other suggestions?

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
Would you consider having her try this a few times.

Looking at the video your DD seems like she would have all the physical tools. This frozen static position the hitting coach gets her into does not lend itself to a good powerful hitting sequence. See what you learn and what you both observe if she does the "happy Gilmore". Then start to translate what you learn to her regular swing.

Jun 26, 2012
She has done the walk thru drill before but not enough. We are hitting tonight and going to stress this drill.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom