Team Insurance (Did not have)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Kind of surprised your team was able to play tournaments without insurance. You might want to inquire with the TD of the tournaments you have played thus far to see if a forged insurance certificate was submitted. Would not be the first time an unscrupulous coach decided to "pocket" the teams insurance money. ASA or PGF insurance is good for the year, and there is no discount for registering later in the year.

Apr 26, 2015
We had a similar issue. DD was injured in a tournament last summer. She tore ligaments in her ankle and was in a boot for 8 weeks and then had to go to PT. She is still struggling with it even now - 8 months later. Our team changed organizations in January last year and the coach claims that the insurance should have followed the team - yet no one could seem to locate any ins info. I am pretty annoyed as we had to pay a hefty sum of pocket and continue to do so for PT. it's not enough to consult an atty over - but definitely enough to make me a little angry.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
We had a similar issue. DD was injured in a tournament last summer. She tore ligaments in her ankle and was in a boot for 8 weeks and then had to go to PT. She is still struggling with it even now - 8 months later. Our team changed organizations in January last year and the coach claims that the insurance should have followed the team - yet no one could seem to locate any ins info. I am pretty annoyed as we had to pay a hefty sum of pocket and continue to do so for PT. it's not enough to consult an atty over - but definitely enough to make me a little angry.

With ASA and PGF each player is registered and issued a card and insurance should follow them if they change teams or the team changes organizations.

Dec 19, 2012
With ASA and PGF each player is registered and issued a card and insurance should follow them if they change teams or the team changes organizations.

Yup, every year my dd played her teams had ASA insurance and each year we received a card.

Oct 19, 2009
Kind of surprised your team was able to play tournaments without insurance. You might want to inquire with the TD of the tournaments you have played thus far to see if a forged insurance certificate was submitted. Would not be the first time an unscrupulous coach decided to "pocket" the teams insurance money. ASA or PGF insurance is good for the year, and there is no discount for registering later in the year.

In our area tournament directors check to make each player is on the roster and insured, can not participate without it.

Apr 26, 2015

Unfortunately it was a Triple Crown tourney and no one has been able to help. :(
I have spoken to numerous people and it's almost like there never was insurance. The coach can't locate it, the team manager can't and neither can the ins co. It's pretty much a done deal now, but still makes me angry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi