Sudden Swing vs Get To Your Spot

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2017
Although the front foot may be weighted some the rear leg/hip relationship is still in tact. When you say floaters may be more adjustable is this in regards to attempting to cover the whole zone ? Getting to your spot dynamically (hitting position) is adjustable as in turn on it or go the other way. If hitters are getting to there spot early but are unable to adjust ( drive the other way) they are sequencing wrong.
That makes sense that weighting the front foot sooner/more would allow better plate coverage. I can see a floater having issues away or up. When I think about it they are both reading the pitch and making necessary adjustments. Could boil down to when you are committed to swinging at the pitch. Which has more time to apply the brakes assuming sequence is good?

Reactions: TDS
Oct 2, 2017
Or like Ted said

jknTyMu.png

AlalH0c.png

ToleUTV.gif
Are you saying he is doing what ted said in his last paragraph?

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
That makes sense that weighting the front foot sooner/more would allow better plate coverage. I can see a floater having issues away or up. When I think about it they are both reading the pitch and making necessary adjustments. Could boil down to when you are committed to swinging at the pitch. Which has more time to apply the brakes assuming sequence is good?

Yes, with a dynamically balanced sequence you have all available resources at your disposal to swing or take..

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
The shift is the slowest movement in hitting. Why not get it out of the way (get to your spot) before swing launch ?

This is getting the shift out of the way which allows for the free hands to seek a pivot to barrel up the ball.

GlUzWEZ.gif

Jun 8, 2016
The shift is the slowest movement in hitting. Why not get it out of the way (get to your spot) before swing launch ?

This is getting the shift out of the way which allows for the free hands to seek a pivot to barrel up the ball.

GlUzWEZ.gif
You know if that was a fastball or something offspeed? Interested to see how he hits this year with all the hype.

Oct 2, 2017
Utley ? Absolutely !!
I was just saying Ted said in the last paragraph you have made your stride but weight has not shifted from one foot to the other. Utley's back heel become unweighted. Which in my mind means he did shift.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
I was just saying Ted said in the last paragraph you have made your stride but weight has not shifted from one foot to the other. Utley's back heel become unweighted. Which in my mind means he did shift.

Sorry, I don't believe he has compromised the fyb stretch in the clip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877