Struggles with being consistant

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
no she is not there is way to much forward movement for her to get a good frontside or for her swing path to be consistant or for her to time it correctly :(

Even your avatar shows a better front side than her current swing. She knows what to do, you have proof of it. It is just a matter of getting back to it. You are in very good hands with rdbass, but feel free to test what I posted in #12. Try it yourself first. And then combine it with what rdbass is explaining. She will get there.

Nov 7, 2014
Even your avatar shows a better front side than her current swing. She knows what to do, you have proof of it. It is just a matter of getting back to it. You are in very good hands with rdbass, but feel free to test what I posted in #12. Try it yourself first. And then combine it with what rdbass is explaining. She will get there.

Thank you I know everyone on this site is great that's why I posted them here. Thanks for the help and I know where it comes from . just for some reason was not paying attention to her bottom half . Her HS coach is a huge fan of the Cue "Step to the Pitcher" ... have to tell her that cue is one to file in the "Do not listen to can..."

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Thank you I know everyone on this site is great that's why I posted them here. Thanks for the help and I know where it comes from . just for some reason was not paying attention to her bottom half . Her HS coach is a huge fan of the Cue "Step to the Pitcher" ... have to tell her that cue is one to file in the "Do not listen to can..."

Lol! Sometimes cues can be misunderstood, even by the person using them. I am sure her coach meant well but either did not explain it completely or correctly. May I suggest "step to the pitcher, yet stay back as long as possible"? Just a thought....

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
tumblr_obxbc6qOSG1usf292o1_400.gif

Minus the forward momentum...
tumblr_obz43wdZvp1usf292o1_400.gif

Just a quick comparison:
Forward by coil:
263ewqo.jpg

Added:Not to be mean but, I hope helpfully. Your DD and you are still going to have to address her upper half. I believe on working on the swing as 1 piece and not fix the this then that.
Look at the front shoulder and how her hands and bat follows the rotation of the shoulders. Would like to see the hands and bat/barrel work towards the ball independent/resisting the shoulder rotation.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2014
tumblr_obxbc6qOSG1usf292o1_400.gif

Minus the forward momentum...
tumblr_obz43wdZvp1usf292o1_400.gif

Just a quick comparison:
Forward by coil:
263ewqo.jpg

Added:Not to be mean but, I hope helpfully. Your DD and you are still going to have to address her upper half. I believe on working on the swing as 1 piece and not fix the this then that.
Look at the front shoulder and how her hands and bat follows the rotation of the shoulders. Would like to see the hands and bat/barrel work towards the ball independent/resisting the shoulder rotation.

I have seen that as well and yes I am trying to find cue words that would give her the understanding of the hands and bat being independent of the shoulder rotation, I have also struggled with her front foot wanting to be so much toe on the landing. I have tried for years on that one I kind of have a feeling she is trying to overcome that she is highly flat footed :(

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I have also struggled with her front foot wanting to be so much toe on the landing. I have tried for years on that one I kind of have a feeling she is trying to overcome that she is highly flat footed
To be clear...I never said anything about her front foot landing on her toes. Just so you know, your DD should be landing on her toes first going into heel plant/straighten out front leg as she swings. The rear leg usage/coil or lack of it would be my main concern. Plain an simple your DD is way to quick to get to her from leg and use the front leg as her pivot point. Instead of using her rear hip as her pivot point.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
this was about 5 months ago not perfect does this look better.

https://youtu.be/sI5COeQB57Q

Better? Yes. There are a number of things that I like in her swing. But like virtually every hitter I see (including my own DD), there are still things to work on. rdbass is providing good advice, so I will stay out of his way. However, one thing I will point out is "depth". Look at post #25. Start by looking at how far out front your DD is hitting the ball, and then look at where Longoria is hitting it. Look at how much closer to his front hip he is making contact. How well can your DD handle outside pitches? Is she capable of going opposite field with authority?

Nov 7, 2014
Better? Yes. There are a number of things that I like in her swing. But like virtually every hitter I see (including my own DD), there are still things to work on. rdbass is providing good advice, so I will stay out of his way. However, one thing I will point out is "depth". Look at post #25. Start by looking at how far out front your DD is hitting the ball, and then look at where Longoria is hitting it. Look at how much closer to his front hip he is making contact. How well can your DD handle outside pitches? Is she capable of going opposite field with authority?

weird part is she usually hits outside the best especially the down and out but she gets thrown inside at the hands constantly or in and up

well let me be clearer she used to hit absolute rockets back side but not lately but she still hits them the best over the inside

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi