Stretch & Fire Success!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 3, 2013
Before SnF introduced

AL-1-14-13-HB.gif

During lesson after working on SnF - having trouble resisting the pull of the rear leg/hip and still wanting to push...because she has always had to push with her old mechanics...that I gave her....but the encouraging news is this is how quick progress can be made if you want to get better....Knight's DD is another one....

ALlegs_zps4ff0b254.gif

I just want to clarify. The swing on the top is before working on SnF and the swing on the bottom is after working on SnF? Is that correct?

May 7, 2008
San Rafael, Ca
I didn't use them in my teaching because, quite frankly, I did not understand them because i never could feel them. Now that I do - I realize what I was missing and now when I post hitters it is to show certain things....and when I post my swings it is because I believe in what I doing and more importantly can feel the difference.

I don't mind debating you guys until the cows come home because it is increasingly clear (to paraphrase Rich) your words indicate that you have never felt it - so you can't see it. All of the explanations, comments, digs all indicate that you are just holding onto to your belief system and lashing out....

=======

Good example of this feel it to see it scenario here:

Toe Touch and Heel Plant

R

RayR

Watch the belt loops compared to their jersey number and compare the jersey number to barrel movement

BarryTed-Bleeding.gif

I didn't use them in my teaching because, quite frankly, I did not understand them because i never could feel them. Now that I do - I realize what I was missing and now when I post hitters it is to show certain things....and when I post my swings it is because I believe in what I doing and more importantly can feel the difference.

I don't mind debating you guys until the cows come home because it is increasingly clear (to paraphrase Rich) your words indicate that you have never felt it - so you can't see it. All of the explanations, comments, digs all indicate that you are just holding onto to your belief system and lashing out....

=======

Good example of this feel it to see it scenario here:

Toe Touch and Heel Plant

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
What I find funny is we do a matrix drill in slow motion. A few guys tear it up with saying look at those bad mechanics.
Its a drill.... We do it in front of a mirror to give a visual to a hitter for somewhat of a sequence.

SNF is done by MTS.. some say it is bad mechanics. Its a drill....
I say its for a feeling, no more, no less.
Its basically how to load you rear butt.

Holding on to that as you fall to toe touch gives you adjustability. How does Howard do that?
One of his sayings is slow to load, soft to step. You do it right...adjustability

MTS, I ask you since you posted your swing. Can you feel, demonstrate the same lower half mechanics with a throw???

SL

R

RayR

I just want to clarify. The swing on the top is before working on SnF and the swing on the bottom is after working on SnF? Is that correct?

I couldn't add this still as I was over the limit of 4 -

Contact_zps48d28efb.jpg

R

RayR

SL - see the lower back thread....elite windmillers imo create the same movement as do baseball pitchers...

What I find funny is we do a matrix drill in slow motion. A few guys tear it up with saying look at those bad mechanics.
Its a drill.... We do it in front of a mirror to give a visual to a hitter for somewhat of a sequence.

SNF is done by MTS.. some say it is bad mechanics. Its a drill....
I say its for a feeling, no more, no less.
Its basically how to load you rear butt.

Holding on to that as you fall to toe touch gives you adjustability. How does Howard do that?
One of his sayings is slow to load, soft to step. You do it right...adjustability

MTS, I ask you since you posted your swing. Can you feel, demonstrate the same lower half mechanics with a throw???

SL

Jan 25, 2011
And this from someone who has yet to make a post helping hitters build solid hitting mechanics.

Perhaps you should form a Howard Groupie site and stick to that.

See, I can play the same games you do. How about sticking to the topic at hand?
That's funny, I have never met Howard or Bustos. In fact I'm in no camp, I just read the post about hitting and don't get involved. I just like you are not a HC or guru of hitting. Still waiting on one thing you know about hitting. You know nothing do you, go back to teacherlessman land and pucker up, his behind is getting cold. I was just simply point out that you are here just to start some crap.

Don't like it? I don't care. You been on this site less then a month and all that you have done is flame people. So you go away and pretend to be someone that knows about hitting somewhere else.

Feb 3, 2013
That's funny, I have never met Howard or Bustos. In fact I'm in no camp, I just read the post about hitting and don't get involved. I just like you are not a HC or guru of hitting. Still waiting on one thing you know about hitting. You know nothing do you, go back to teacherlessman land and pucker up, his behind is getting cold. I was just simply point out that you are here just to start some crap.

Don't like it? I don't care. You been on this site less then a month and all that you have done is flame people. So you go away and pretend to be someone that knows about hitting somewhere else.

The bold above contain my thoughts towards you as well.

Sort of a silly discussion.

Please try to stay on the point of the thread.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd