Stretch & Fire Success!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

R

RayR

Before SnF introduced

AL-1-14-13-HB.gif

During lesson after working on SnF - having trouble resisting the pull of the rear leg/hip and still wanting to push...because she has always had to push with her old mechanics...that I gave her....but the encouraging news is this is how quick progress can be made if you want to get better....Knight's DD is another one....

ALlegs_zps4ff0b254.gif

Comparison shot

beforefootplant_zps465c2a67.jpg
atfootplant_zps0dea3626.jpg

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Which turns into this....

TeeFront2-7-13G_zpsd6458a50.gif

Compare_zps8d23cd80.jpg

MTS
You have no stide but I do like the mechanics you are showing in your swing. I try to teach a swing very similar to what you are doing.
So MTS, you think the first thing to fire is your lower back....

I think where allot of girls struggle is they have trouble taking their tee swing into the game.
Most start late and then find themselfs in catch up mode, which screws up everything.

SL

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
How does staying short to the ball and snf relate?
Ive always thought the stretch was simply getting the hands pulled all the way back during the positive move, but these video clips of mts with toes pointed at the pitcher or performing one leg swings have left me with more questions than answers...

Grab a bat and go back to the first post and try everything out....for awhile. To help myself I have to feel differences in what I am doing, and think about the benefits or lack of. If you don't try it, and learn it, I don't think it will ever fully make sense.

If you do want to try it, and questions come up then...ask.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Im still looking for some clarification as to how SnF affects staying short and compact. I've been teaching kids to separate at the stride and lead with the front hip or back pocket, I thought that was the "stretch", and the "fire" was the uncoiling at heel plant. But the demo videos tell a much different story.

Last edited:
R

RayR

If you believe short to the ball means how quickly you get the barrel into the hitting zone....and if you believe the hitting zone is a long zone meaning it starts deep....then SnF affects staying short to the ball....not sure what compact means

Im still looking for some clarification as to how SnF affects staying short and compact. I've been teaching kids to separate at the stride and lead with the front hip or back pocket, I thought that was the "stretch", and the "fire" was the uncoiling at heel plant. But the demo videos tell a much different story.

Feb 3, 2013
Hey, I just asked a specific question here that still has not been answered.

But this is just nonsense....

It isn’t only nonsense, it is also genuine ignorance.

This Steve Huff character is a bit interesting. I believe he sees the SnF drill and is confused by it. He has made enough comments that suggest that he doesn’t understand true Stretch-and-Fire mechanics, nor does he understand how the SnF drill can help bring the mechanics to the surface.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Sorry Traina is pitching right now. Really look at Pujols above. Swing and try it. Make your own thoughts. God knows it gets muddied up on here. I know that it is the ultimate in adjustablity. I have always had power, my kid has had power, but for me, the quest for adjustablity led me to where I am now.

And remember the S n f drill.....is a drill.

^reply to coach james

R

RayR

I thought the clips I posted showing the progression would illustrate how SnF would bring it to the surface....

The only comments were that the SnF drill did not resemble a high level swing and that it looked like a sweep to some....

It isn’t only nonsense, it is also genuine ignorance.

This Steve Huff character is a bit interesting. I believe he sees the SnF drill and is confused by it. He has made enough comments that suggest that he doesn’t understand true Stretch-and-Fire mechanics, nor does he understand how the SnF drill can help bring the mechanics to the surface.

Feb 3, 2013
I honestly, have yet to read anything that you have added to a post. You seem to just run your little mouth and have no info. You are like that little dog, from the old cartoons, " what are we going to do today spike, uh spike uh spike". If you know anything about teaching someone how to hit, now would be a good time, the other guys in this thread are. They might not agree how to teach it, but at least they are trying. If this so called god of hitting teacherman has is own site go back to it, I'm sure he is missing you not on his site stroking his huge ego. But if you want to start adding some info on hitting, you know, some of your ideas, then maybe you will have some respect from me.

And this from someone who has yet to make a post helping hitters build solid hitting mechanics.

Perhaps you should form a Howard Groupie site and stick to that.

See, I can play the same games you do. How about sticking to the topic at hand?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish