Stepping Across Power Line

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 22, 2012
My DD (right handed), lately has been stepping accross her power line causing her to miss consistently inside to rt handed batter. Other then having her do wall drills and drawing out power line in the dirt is there anything else she can do?

Nov 3, 2012
My DD does the same thing. I put cones just to the right of the power line where here plant foot lands. If she kicks the cones, she gets feedback that she's stepping over the line.

May 31, 2012
Keep it simple just have her practice pitching outside alot. Maybe 3 out then 1 in. Put in a bunch of reps. She will figure it out. DD and I spend a lot of time focusing on accuracy. hitting the spot inside on the black then moving it a ball further inside. Alternate for 10 or 15 pitches. Then do the same for outside. On the black then move it off the plate in the river. Alternate 10-15 pitches. Then repeat both sides of the plate with changeup. 10-15 pitches each side. Same with the drop. bottom of the zone then out of the zone.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
My DD had and has the same issue here and there. We pitch from a mat that has a power line on it so I just remind her to check it once in a while. We also work on pitching a lot of outside pitches in succession when she needs a tune up. I almost went as far as building a T shaped 2 X 10 rig to force the issue but she fixed it just before I went to Home Depot. I think it is easily corrected by just putting it on the warmup checklist of things she is trying to feel as she warms up. Once she has it in the right spot for any given session it tends to stay there.

Mar 28, 2013
If she is missing inside it has nothing to do with stepping across the power line. There are other issues at play. Really need a vid. If I had to guess I would look at the hips,

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2012
My DD does the same thing. I put cones just to the right of the power line where here plant foot lands. If she kicks the cones, she gets feedback that she's stepping over the line.

Great idea, thanks.

Videos are more helpful to get better advice.

No need for video I already know whe is stepping over the line. Just looking for creative solutions on how to fix it. Thanks though.

If she is missing inside it has nothing to do with stepping across the power line. There are other issues at play. Really need a vid. If I had to guess I would look at the hips,

Again, no need for a vid. she is stepping over the line. And stepping over the line has a LOT to do with pitchig inside. However, you are correct, The hips aren't coming through because she is stepping over the line, which locks her hips and prevents them from closing enough, because she steps over the line and is too open. I appreciate your reply though. Thank you.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole