St. Louis fields

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 9, 2009
IL
There seems to be alot of members from the midwest, so thought I'd test the waters.. Was wondering if anyone from the St. Louis area could tell me about the fields in Woodlands Sports Park in St. Peters. We'll be coming in from out of town for a tournament there. Are they hard/soft, dirt, aglime, etc. Concessions info, how's the food/drink, and prices? Can we take coolers in? Thanks in advance! :)

If you think you might get rained out, St. Peters Rec-Plex has ice skating rinks and swimming (I don't know open hours).

Amy is correct about Italian food and "The Hill" - I've been to Cunetto's and it's very good and not too expensive.

If any of the parents want to get away, evening entertainment is found at Laclede’s Landing. Otherwise, many parts of downtown St. Louis are dead in the evenings.

Aug 5, 2012
Cunetto's, Rigazzi's, Charlie Gitto's...can't go wrong with any of those on The Hill.

In KC, you have to get the spiedini at Garozzo's.

Sep 3, 2009
oh and three other BBQ places to die for when in KC, but they are not near Lee's Summit, is Arthur Bryants (downtown KC), LC's (near I-435 & Eastwood) and Oklahoma Joe's....(which has two locations really close to Blue Valley Park in Overland Park)....the "Z-Man" sandwhich at Oklahoma Joe's is one of the best things I have ever eaten....

The Z-man huh? You're sending them to Mecca, you'll ruin them for life. They'll dream about that sandwich for the rest of their lives.. ;)

Apr 11, 2012
The Z-man huh? You're sending them to Mecca, you'll ruin them for life. They'll dream about that sandwich for the rest of their lives.. ;)

I know....but just to eat one in your lifetime is worth it....I'm thinking about getting one today myself now....Adam Carolla loves them too!

Adam Carolla reviews the Z-Man Special at Oklahoma Joe's BBQ - YouTube

Oh and "dschrieb" is right...... Garozzo's Chicken Spiedini, (there is one in Lee's Summit, near Legacy), is amazing also!

Nov 5, 2009
St. Louis MO
For Italian food in St. Louis, you want to head to the area called The Hill. The Hill Italian Restaurants | Urbanspoon

I also recommend the Spaghetti Factory, which is in the area of the Arch.

They opened a 2nd location in Chesterfield Valley. (You might know it as Gumbo Flats, Amy) After the flood of '93 a new levee was built on the MO river. It seems like overnight hundreds of businesses went up in what used to be flood lands. With all of the rains this year, I sure hope that levee holds.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbcoach26