St. Louis fields

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 3, 2009
There seems to be alot of members from the midwest, so thought I'd test the waters.. Was wondering if anyone from the St. Louis area could tell me about the fields in Woodlands Sports Park in St. Peters. We'll be coming in from out of town for a tournament there. Are they hard/soft, dirt, aglime, etc. Concessions info, how's the food/drink, and prices? Can we take coolers in? Thanks in advance! :)

Nov 5, 2009
St. Louis MO
Woodlands don't hold water well. They're predicting 1-2 inces of rain in St. Louis between Thursday and Monday. My DD is scheduled to play there this weekend also. Small concession stand. Can have coolers in parking lot. Don't remember much about the surface of the fields as we get rained out a lot in April and May when we're scheduled to play there.

How far are you driving and when is your first game?

Sep 3, 2009
Thanks for the reply. We're playing the ASA qualifier the first weekend of June. Just coming in from KC so not too far away. We've never played there before, so was just curious about the fields and facility. Hopefully it will be dry by then!

Good luck to yours playing this weekend, the weather isn't supposed to be too awful good.

Sep 3, 2009
June should be fine. We'll be in KC Memorial day weekend at the ASA tourney there. Will you be there?

Yep, we've got that one on the schedule too. What division are you in? Would be happy to give you the low down on fields, places to eat, etc.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
My dd didn't play there much. Isn't that the diamonds that have the MAJOR foul ball problems or am I thinking of somewhere else.

Feb 16, 2012
The fields get muddy very quickly when it rains. If it is very dry and windy then you will have to contend with dirt tornados. The fields are dirt but usually in good condition. As stated above the concession is small but lots of items to choose from. You will need mosquito repellant. I use a Therma cell lantern and it works great. Best of luck to you.

Sep 3, 2009
mosquitoes, i assume because of the river? Will definitely keep that in mind. So the fields are dirt, are they hard packed, or somewhat soft? Thanks all.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
absdad, you have both the Mississippi and Missouri Rivers here around St. Louis. Some of the mosquitoes are bigger than birds. ;-)

With as wet as it has been around here, they are warning that bugs in general will be very bad. Don't know what the conceal and carry laws are in Missouri but might consider since some of those mosquitoes carry smaller dds away.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207