Speed of Motion

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 19, 2013
I'm curious about the importance of the speed of the entire motion.

So assuming that you are working with generally sound mechanics. Is there a point where you work on the actual speed of the pitch mechanics and if so what ways do you use to teach/drill this.

I do understand that there is proper synchronization that needs to happen and want to be careful not to throw things out of balance. But is does seem to me that my DD's entire motion seems slower than pitchers at her level that throw faster. I'm curious how much this might contribute to actual speed of pitches.

Nov 7, 2014
I personally believe that if trying to speed up your overall mechanics. If the timing is not correct through out, it will all be for a mute point. If certain mechanical timing requirements are not met and maintained you could suffer in both speed and control.this is the very thing I struggle with in My DD :( She throws almost as hard in her warm ups just stepping then she does in her full blown drive. Reason to long of stride and to rushed through the beginning and because of it her back end suffers. She is one of those children that if it is not full speed it is no speed ...

Jun 19, 2013
Bummed that I had to pick a day when the troll had a day off work to post my question. I've been wanting to have a good discussion about this for a while.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
it is a really good question Classof2020. I always think of acceleration and not velocity though. I want to see a forceful drive and a hard stop on the front to throw against. This of course translates to a higher peak velocity of the body moving forward but feel wise and cue wise it is the BANG BANG impact that I look for.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mugs_dad