Sorry DD Brag Post

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Had to post this ....so my youngest DD just moved up to 16U this late summer/fall she is 5'1" tall and is 100 pounds if that and pitches and plays middle infield. she's played 3 tourneys for her new team in which she has not givin up more than 5 hits per game and 2 hits each in two of them. So this weekend shes playing her fourth tourney and 2 hit a team on Saturday and pitched a simi final complete game today where she pitched another 2 hitter then came into the championship game late and pitched 2 innings giving up 2 hits and an unearned run to finish a great weekend with the championship, also while having the start of pneumonia and is on antibiotics and an inhaler for a week. So after the simi final game they were cleaning out the dugout and I hear the plate ump yell out "hey pitcher" so im thinking oh lord what has she done now, so she goes out to the ump and he hands her the game ball and tells her she pitched a phenomenal game and dominated a team that usually dominates other teams so I'm smiling ear to ear and look at my wife and shes balling her eyes out bless her heart. Now I will be honest with you,I don't think Ive seen a kid work harder than she does at pitching and the reason being is because she is a small girl and she has to work harder to keep up with the naturally blessed taller bigger girls. She has been to tryouts the last three years only to be overlooked because of her size and has had to play on some horrible teams until we found a coach that believes in a kid with a great work ethic and can hit her spots and has a outstanding change up and he also knows how to call pitches which is a lost art IMO. So great job kiddo I love you to death(I have the scarred up shins to prove it)! So all you smaller girls don't give up on your dreams you can do just as well as the bigger girls do you just might have to work a bit harder than they do to get the same result.

P.S. she just text her pitching coach to tell him and he told her great job and she replied "we still have work to do but thank you" this is one proud papa....

Aug 31, 2011
Jawja
Great job! Glad to hear a smaller girl doing well! My DD is 5'3" 115 so a tad bigger then yours but going strong as well!