some great pitching angles akron vs chicago espn 2

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2013
Akron and Chicago are playing on espn 2 right now.

At the close of the inning they replay some of the pitches from behind the plate.

Is Abbot really pitching 74-76 or is the gun a bit hot.. she looks great.

Looking at Brittany Mack's delivery from that slo mo it is just amazing how players figure out how to make things work even while not being mechanically sound, or at least according to anything you would read or see on this board.

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
LOL Tells ya how confused some on this board really are. Watch the elite pitchers and do what they do. 'BUT dAD, THEY ARE ALL DIFFERENT!". :)

Well she opens up so far she is almost sideways with her drag foot plowing a hole in the ground almost directly towards first base I can barely see a firm front side just as she is finished she falls almost backwards with no weight forward almost falling backwards, no way she could do the stand on one foot drill after release. BUT IR is all there good elbow bend and whip all the way through.

Again I think Hal's point is spot on there are more than one way to skin this cat we call pitching.

@out in left field never said anything about her results

Oct 10, 2012
Oklahoma
Well she opens up so far she is almost sideways with her drag foot plowing a hole in the ground almost directly towards first base I can barely see a firm front side just as she is finished she falls almost backwards with no weight forward almost falling backwards, no way she could do the stand on one foot drill after release. BUT IR is all there good elbow bend and whip all the way through.

Again I think Hal's point is spot on there are more than one way to skin this cat we call pitching.

@out in left field never said anything about her results

I totally agree David Carter.

Jul 14, 2008
BUT IR is all there good elbow bend and whip all the way through.

Funny.....According to Hal, many people on this board are confused about what's important.........Yet it keeps coming up and is re-affirmed over and over and over again.......

I personally think Hal's extremely jealous about how educated people on this board actually are.........Wait........I mean on this "little board" (according to Hal).......

IR is only a big thing on this little board, nowhere else.

Seems like it's actually an "absolute" EVERYWHERE good pitching exists.........In fact.......It's probably the ONLY absolute.......

And it just kills him that everyone on "this little board" knows what it's all about.........How to spot it.......How to recognize an instructor who is clueless........How to reinforce it........And how to teach it when it isn't a "natural" part of someone's athletic makeup........

The I/R thread has almost 40,000 views.........If everyone read it 10 times over that would be 4000 people reading the thread that changed many people's life..........

Somehow it seems that getting the word out to that many people is slightly bigger then just on "this little board".............

I/R is not a "coined" term..........It is simply a bio-mechanical absolute that all high level pitchers create.

The fact that I've educated the masses on it's mechanical usefulness in fast pitch doesn't reduce it's importance to a "catch-phrase"..........What is DOES do/HAS done is create an awareness that was previously a "mystery" to most in the fast pitch community.

Electricity was not "invented".........It was ALWAYS there. It's just that someone figured out what it was. How IMPORTANT it is. How to reproduce it. And how to deliver it to the masses........

I consider what I've done regarding I/R in the same light..........I figured out what it was from my personal experience on the mound. I realized how important was though the success of my students. I worked hard on learning how to reproduce it when needed during my teaching career. And now I've tried my very best to deliver to the masses..........FREE...........And that just kills some people on this "little board"............

Carry on..........

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Had this game on my DVR and finally got a chance to watch it last night... My question may have already been discussed in a previous thread but, Tennessee's Renfroe who is now pitching for Chicago was thrown 74-75mph but in college she stayed in the 70-72 range???? Did something mechanically change or is ESPN tweaking the gun???.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd