Softball Power Drive

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 3, 2013
Stoddard, WI
Favor please. I bought softball power drive from another parent.I went to their web page to see how to use it properly. There is a owners only training page that requires log in information. Could someone please PM me that info?

Thanks

Nov 3, 2013
Stoddard, WI
Just an FYI I did contact them and tell them I had come into possession of this unit from another parent and they treated me poorly as if I had done something wrong.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Lots of videos on YouTube that should help! See if the person you bought it from can give you log on information.

Jul 10, 2014
C-bus Ohio
JAD, that thing is EXACTLY what my DD needs lol! She has gotten into the habit of turning her drive foot sideways before pushing off, which really limits the drive. I think I can make a stationary one with some sheet metal...

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
If you want something to stop her foot from turning, of course there is a device for that. :) The PowerPush.

It would be easy to make your own.

PowerPush_000.jpg

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Turning the foot is also a great way to get called for an IP. It is very hard to keep the toe down with the foot turned sideways. However, keep in mind that the true issue is not just the foot. You need to watch the hips.

Feb 7, 2013
Actually, you want the pivot foot to turn slightly before the push off. Another fallacy about pitching that you want a sprinters start with the pivot foot. BM or Java had a good thread a while back that debunked this myth.

Regarding the powerdrive device. The best device I can think of to promote a good drive is the good, old fashioned pitching plate that can be used for free at most softball fields : )

Jul 10, 2014
C-bus Ohio
Yeah, DD turns her foot 90 deg before driving, so of course she's not only losing power, but she complains about ankle pain. That gizmo posted by quincy will be built this week. Custom fit, even!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spinner55