Softball play question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 29, 2011
We had a play in rec for 10U. The bases were loaded and two outs. There is a fly ball to left field and the ball lands into the glove and falls out. She then picks up the ball and throws to third and gets the force out but before the out the runnerthat was on third scores. My question is does the run count? Thanks

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
The runners should have been going on contact with 2 outs, so the fact that a ball can be hit to left field, have the fielder drop it, and still throw the runner out at 3rd tells me that your 3rd base coach is not doing his job......

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
The runners should have been going on contact with 2 outs, so the fact that a ball can be hit to left field, have the fielder drop it, and still throw the runner out at 3rd tells me that your 3rd base coach is not doing his job......

It is 10U rec. You can remind a girl 10 times there are 2 outs and she needs to run on contact and she may still stand still on fly ball. Drives me bat **** crazy.

That said, no the run does not count.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
It is 10U rec. You can remind a girl 10 times there are 2 outs and she needs to run on contact and she may still stand still on fly ball. Drives me bat **** crazy.

That said, no the run does not count.

Please change "10U rec" to HS and then I can agree with you!

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
Please change "10U rec" to HS and then I can agree with you!

ha,ha I was coaching 3rd at 13-17 rec last Saturday - yes I know the pinical of the softball world. Bases loaded - 2 outs. So I remind the girl on 3rd - "2 outs run on contact". She turns to me with a confused look on her face and askes "even if it is in the air?"

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
ha,ha I was coaching 3rd at 13-17 rec last Saturday - yes I know the pinical of the softball world. Bases loaded - 2 outs. So I remind the girl on 3rd - "2 outs run on contact". She turns to me with a confused look on her face and askes "even if it is in the air?"

And then you get the next one who takes off with no outs on a pop up to the SS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smallsize1516