Dropped third strike play

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 14, 2017
Michigan
For that matter, the play just posted sure sounds like the catcher had the runner basically standing still midway between first and second. So why didn't she play on the lead runner rather than going after the batter?
Good question. If she thought the batter was a runner, then she had an easy force at second, versus a run-down.

Jun 11, 2013
So what the hell do you do when a slapper swings and missed a pitch in the dirt for strike two, but based on the fact that she's on a sprint toward first-cuz she's a slapper- the catcher who is cluless throws to first, meanwhile the runner on second steals third?

If you're calling this a dead ball then the runner can't steal because the catcher doesn't know the situation.
There's a big difference between taking a step or 2 and running down the line. I get your point but it doesn't change what I say.

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
2B charges groundball and runner from first collides with her, but base ump says everyone safe.
I saw this a couple of years ago. Second baseman fields a ground ball and gets flattened by the runner. The runner gets up and continues to second base. Second baseman lays on the ground for about 10 seconds because she's a bit dazed. No call on the play. Ump says the second baseman never attempted a throw to first base.????

Aug 5, 2022
We lost a game once when my dd was on second base line drive double to the gap she’s plowed by a wandering infielder literally crawls to third base and umpire said he could only give her third because that’s where the obstruction occurred…our coach was not pleased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619