Snf

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 3, 2013
Howe - just trying to follow along, when I look at the pujols clip I see similarities to what the catcher is doing. Could you explain the differences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
Howe - just trying to follow along, when I look at the pujols clip I see similarities to what the catcher is doing. Could you explain the differences.

Hey Red, your question really has me squirming now, did you hear? :D Not really though...

Do you see Musial doing the same thing as Pujols? I wonder if I have Chubby squirming?

Aug 3, 2013
Howe, I see Pujols rear scap get pulled into his spine, I dont know if it's pinched, clamped, poked or locked;) but I see it get pulled into his spine similar to the catcher. However I see his front scap resist being pulled into his spine. Keep in mind I'm not debating, just would like to know what I think I', seeing.

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
Red, we're mixing a couple of different points here.

First, my remarks on comparing a hitter to thrower is more in regards to the shoulder orientation of each and why it's not valid. IOW's a thrower starts with the front shoulder UP and the rear shoulder LOWER - and then it flips. Vise versa for a hitter. NOW, if a guy wants to say: "LOOK, SEE?" I can't stop him, but I can point out the differences and how silly it is that a guru has to stoop to such antics.

Second, I've never said the scap is inactive in the swing. I've said the scap is not the FOCUS, the hands are. The hitter focuses on keeping the hands in a location -a spacial point - and the body facilitates that. I am against pulling and pinching the scap as a main focus.

Last, Chubbs Magee is flummoxed by the Musial video. What he and others can't grasp, is that there are actually ONE PLANE hitters who use more stride and momentum than others. You will not see the "belt loop" like you do with some of the TWO PLANE hitters with lesser strides. More free education for the fat man and his boys.

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
Notice how he can't stay on one subject? I own him.

OK Fatman, we were talking about the "belt loop", now you want to discuss scap? Show me how the TWO (belt loop and scap) match Albert. Should I wait?

MusialRear1.gif

Aug 3, 2013
Howe - lol, I guess it's hard for me to follow along because I can't get on his sight. Virus protection won't let me.

Is Chubbs maggee the one on one leg?

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
Yes, that's Chubbs Magee. The maker of de facto "absolutes" (belt loop turn). Notice how Musial busts his sorry butt? He's a Cards fan who hates Musial.

Grandpa?

Last edited:

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
Notice how the "belt loop" absolute now goes away??? Does Frank match Pujols? :D

180lbs 586HRs .294BA

Robinson3.gif
RobinsonFBIn.gif

Question: If the smaller hitters of yesteryear - had to learn to move - to be successful - why would anyone teach a small, young kid to sit and spin?

Answer: ???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rosie