Snf

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 30, 2013
I'm not going to carry on too much longer, as I can see this is really just a fishing expedition and someone wants a free education. I'm going to give one more freebie as a parting gift.

This video - often used and abused - is mis-synced for the purposes that it is always used for - sitting on a pitch.

For whatever reason, the original maker synced it to contact...
BondsvBonds.gif

Here it is, synced to TOE-TAP.
BondsVBonds.gif

It is GLARINGLY CLEAR that the hands are the TRIGGER. That the hand/eye signal of charting the DIRECTION and LOADING the barrel are the KEY. There's NO continued AROUND. The scap pullback and hold is complete fiction. The TUG-O-WAR in the FEMUR myth - BUSTED! Basically, SnF as described by them has been completely dismantled by correcting this single video.

They completely destroyed THEMSELVES.

Thanks for playing along. :D
Only because you've never felt it.. Thanks for your input.

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
Only because you've never felt it.. Thanks for your input.
No crying allowed at my party. You can take a piece of cake to-go and there are goodie bags at the door. Use 2 legs and hips as you exit. Please don't be afraid to use your proper weight for balance as you get into the car.

Thanks again! :D

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Hopefully the fathers of DD's can see from discussions the 2 different patterns at work. One leverages one side of the body while the other uses both sides. This should help when trying to determine the path you choose with your DD. They both work but only one is used by the elite hitters of the game.

BondsVBonds.gif

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2013
Hopefully the fathers of DD's can see from discussions the 2 different patterns at work. One leverages one side of the body while the other uses both sides. This should help when trying to determine the path you choose with your DD. They both work but only one is used by the elite hitters of the game.

Your being such an slime ball TDS... Again, you show me from the start of a drill in which.. I didn't use any forward movement.. only a resistance against the leg.. exactly what he's doing on his move out..

Hopefully you readers can read through that...

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Take a look at Bond's swing. He is not collapsing the backside, spinning, or "staying back" in a manner you describe, or ... He is controlling the middle. Look at his head. His head movement is not up and back.

Aug 30, 2013
I'll leave you w/one other piece of info I got from a guy I met w/while in Florida.. guy works w/several MLB guys.. some of which have been discussed on this board before..

I was chatting w/a guy that works w/some MLB guys as well... and looking at the changes made.. I could notice the scap engagement on the moveout - .. that wasn't present w/his old swing... I asked him, what did you guys work on specifically.. He said to move his hands later.. And I asked him.. how did you accomplish that, did you talk about the scap retracting/pinching?? He said he tells him to move his hands w/his elbow.. Now he knows what he's trying to get the player to do - engage that scap.. but he said it's a slippery slope on how technical you get w/these guys.. you start talking that stuff and they walk away from you.. for some guys you have to suggest things that get the results your looking for..

So take it as you may.. you don't like talking scap.. fine.. don't talk scap.. get them to do it some other way.. take suggestions presented to you through the discussion and decided for yourself

Later

Aug 30, 2013
Take a look at Bond's swing. He is not collapsing the backside, spinning, or "staying back" in a manner you describe, or ... He is controlling the middle. Look at his head. His head movement is not up and back.

ANd look at your daughter look nothing like Bustos is doing.. what is your point??

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Your being such an slime ball TDS... Again, you show me from the start of a drill in which.. I didn't use any forward movement.. only a resistance against the leg.. exactly what he's doing on his move out..

Hopefully you readers can read through that...

Thunder, once again the movement patterns (cause/effect) don't matchup to video...

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
ANd look at your daughter look nothing like Bustos is doing.. what is your point??

That was a good comeback! How would you know what her swing looked like? I haven't shared anything public other than a few stills and two video of her hitting home runs since she was 16. Would that video be the swing the douche bag puts up of her when she had just turned 16? Hey, I'm not like the rest of these guys who are trying to help you. I'm fine with what you're doing. Go ahead and be like all the others that discovered the flaws in that system too late. I have literally seen 40 or 50 of them come and go. Yes, even those that have played professionally. Everyone remembers the guy that was going to be the big hit in MLB and of whom was out of MLB real fast after listening to Voldemort.

Anyway, congratulations on Ryan's success and I do wish him well. Carry on!

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
I'll leave you w/one other piece of info I got from a guy I met w/while in Florida.. guy works w/several MLB guys.. some of which have been discussed on this board before..

I was chatting w/a guy that works w/some MLB guys as well... and looking at the changes made.. I could notice the scap engagement on the moveout - .. that wasn't present w/his old swing... I asked him, what did you guys work on specifically.. He said to move his hands later.. And I asked him.. how did you accomplish that, did you talk about the scap retracting/pinching?? He said he tells him to move his hands w/his elbow.. Now he knows what he's trying to get the player to do - engage that scap.. but he said it's a slippery slope on how technical you get w/these guys.. you start talking that stuff and they walk away from you.. for some guys you have to suggest things that get the results your looking for..

So take it as you may.. you don't like talking scap.. fine.. don't talk scap.. get them to do it some other way.. take suggestions presented to you through the discussion and decided for yourself

Later

Bold above .... I like.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd