Snf

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
I ABSOLUTELY have a player that got a D1 Scholly and is currently in a professional organization.
Have many days a week and for how long did you meet and throw bp to "your guy"? What facility did you work out of? LOL

And what was your career BA?

Hey JJ, this is your competition in his prime. Be careful.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2012
The spine is connected to the pelvis. I would suggest you try and figure out to activate and strengthen the correct core muscles and learn how to force close and open your SI joints. You are still under the impression that this requires big movements.

You are not the first. Nor will you be the last. I had heated discussions on a golf forum with a huge Mike Austin supporter (I am as well) that denied the use of the core. Said it was a bag of wet cement (he paraphrased Dan Shauger who was also a Mike Austin guy) that could not move itself meaning the torso. But, then you watch Mike Austin videos and he specifically mentions core muscles like the spinae erectors and quadratus lomborums needing to be activated and used in a certain manner to create the back swing and down swing. And then do some research on Dr Stuart McGill and his research on core pulsing. You then really come to understand how getting these core muscles to fire is a skill that needs to be developed. But, when activated and trained to fire (pulse) you tap into an enormous amount of energy that gets passed through the SI joints and down both legs as well as up through the torso and out through the shoulders to the arms. This all ties into Gracovetsky's assertion that the legs are just amplifiers for the spinal movements. Just like a baby learns to crawl or a paraplegic can still "walk" without limbs below his hip joints. And Miyahiras work on how some golfers use the same kind of movements to create their swing as opposed to other golfers that rely on the grf or a stack and tilt method.

No, I'm not. The core is being used. The way in which you think the core is being used is not what happens. Forcing the sacroiliac joint open is a very bad idea. The joint has less than 5 degrees of rotation. You think that by forcing a joint with limited ROM, you create a high level swing? Here's a journal article on what the SI joint does. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3512279/

Honestly, I don't care what golf instructors on the internet think. McGill actually agrees with me, by the way. He thinks that the spine engine idea is problematic at best.

https://bretcontreras.com/transcribed-interview-with-stu-mcgill/

There's also the fact that baseball/softball are not golf... but who cares about that?

If you want to talk about this as feel, that's fine. This is not anywhere close to what's actually happening.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2012
You are dishonest. And you're a closet shill. And your swing (which I won't post again) is spot on with what you shill.

Keep the personal BS out of it. I'm not attacking people, I'm attacking ideas. I'd love for you to do the same.

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
Keep the personal BS out of it. I'm not attacking people, I'm attacking ideas. I'd love for you to do the same.
Sorry Pstain, I call them like I see them. You're a shill. Never had a student and never played the game. So what's your interest? A lonely kid longing to be accepted on these boards? Pretty much sums it up?

You're a college kid. Why don't you go do what college kids do?

Last edited:

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
Notice how the batting average is not talked about? ;)

He's an expert at hitting now though... LOL

Sub .200 Bigboy, huh? Been a while since you posted that clipping but my memory is still pretty sharp.

His disclaimer at the time: "I was a defensive catcher". :D

Last edited:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
No "supposedly" about it. I'd hit chumps like you and get you to blow a snot bubble.

From Pop Warner:
PopWarner.jpg

To College:
fdu%20football%20reunion.jpg

Howe,
Are you one of the guys wearing a FDU shirt. The reason I ask is because my brother played football at FDU. I believe 82- 86 and was a D-back as you.

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
Howe,
Are you one of the guys wearing a FDU shirt. The reason I ask is because my brother played football at FDU. I believe 82- 86 and was a D-back as you.
Bass, your bother wasn't one of the Father Judge boys, was he?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors