Snf

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 13, 2012
Thought you were a bit more honest than that.

She is not "all back, all forward".

Don't accuse me of being dishonest. She's pushing the barrel. She pushes the barrel because she doesn't have any separation. She bleeds the stretch by turning forward then swinging.

May 3, 2014
No, I thought that was a fair and accurate depiction of what Miyahara is suggesting. The work implies that the spine moves the pelvis through spinal movement. That's not how the body works.

The spine is connected to the pelvis. I would suggest you try and figure out to activate and strengthen the correct core muscles and learn how to force close and open your SI joints. You are still under the impression that this requires big movements.

You are not the first. Nor will you be the last. I had heated discussions on a golf forum with a huge Mike Austin supporter (I am as well) that denied the use of the core. Said it was a bag of wet cement (he paraphrased Dan Shauger who was also a Mike Austin guy) that could not move itself meaning the torso. But, then you watch Mike Austin videos and he specifically mentions core muscles like the spinae erectors and quadratus lomborums needing to be activated and used in a certain manner to create the back swing and down swing. And then do some research on Dr Stuart McGill and his research on core pulsing. You then really come to understand how getting these core muscles to fire is a skill that needs to be developed. But, when activated and trained to fire (pulse) you tap into an enormous amount of energy that gets passed through the SI joints and down both legs as well as up through the torso and out through the shoulders to the arms. This all ties into Gracovetsky's assertion that the legs are just amplifiers for the spinal movements. Just like a baby learns to crawl or a paraplegic can still "walk" without limbs below his hip joints. And Miyahiras work on how some golfers use the same kind of movements to create their swing as opposed to other golfers that rely on the grf or a stack and tilt method.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
P, honesty is recognizing the 2 different movement patterns (cause/effect). What causes the change in direction of the barrel?

Deckerchdir_zpsxm1i3kjb.gif

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
Wasn't the requirement to back up 3 frames from the corner.. why are you showing us starting from this point - where are the 3 frames before this??
If you're going to come up with a new ABSOLUTE, the requirement is that you learn to edit gif's and stop being a mooch!

Folks, these are the new ABSOLUTES:
  • visible speed as its coming off the rail and before the corner
  • back up to 3 frames from the corner (though by his own admission he can't define the corner)
Examples:
take Bustos to I'll say either 18 or 19.. and then back her up 3 frames
lets take her to 20 or 21ish where she seems to be behind a corner..

Uh Oh Thunder. Here's my son @13yo, swinging a -3 32in wood bat with 50 pennies taped to the barrel. I think he passes "your" absolute - yet your daddy has beaten this clip up over and over. Which one of you are being dishonest now? I say both!

Hey Spartans, do you now understand why nobody posts clips?

Last edited:

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
Don't accuse me of being dishonest. She's pushing the barrel. She pushes the barrel because she doesn't have any separation. She bleeds the stretch by turning forward then swinging.
You are dishonest. And you're a closet shill. And your swing (which I won't post again) is spot on with what you shill.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Now, can any of you explain the reason for the speeding barrel behind the corner?? Can any of you create it w/what you teach.. and if you can - show it.. That's all it takes.. if it is wrong information, prove it.. prove that either the barrel isn't speeding behind the corner..

When you do, I'll say thank you..

Some of us have been trying to explain the change in direction of the barrel for quite some time.. The movement leverages the core within the sagittal plane. One doesn't need video to feel it...

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2013
If you're going to come up with a new ABSOLUTE, the requirement is that you learn to edit gif's and stop being a mooch!

Folks, these are the new ABSOLUTES:
  • visible speed as its coming off the rail and before the corner
  • back up to 3 frames from the corner (though by his own admission he can't define the corner)
Examples:

Uh Oh Thunder. Here's my son @13yo, swinging a -3 32in wood bat with 50 pennies taped to the barrel. I think he passes "your" absolute - yet your daddy has beating this clip up over and over. Which one of you are being dishonest now?

Hey Spartans, do you now understand why nobody posts clips?
An obvious launch forward..

Aug 30, 2013
And you missed the point of being in a stretched position.. Which I'm in, you can't have the corner without it.. Without being behind and around the rear hip.. Just using those spots as reference

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1