Snf

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 13, 2012
Is that really your understanding of Miyahara's work? If so ... you failed to capture his model. If that isn't your understanding ... then you are deceitful for posting this. Your pick ... stupid or deceitful.

My understanding of Miyahara's work is that the spine, through particular movements, induces pelvic rotation.

This is what Miyahara himself says:
According to Dr. Gracovetsky and the research on spine movements, lateral bending plus lumbar lordosis will produce axial rotation. This is due to the fact that our vertebrae have facets that are like geared teeth.

Link: 2010-04 : Spine Engine Swing Lateral Bend

Perhaps you shouldn't be accusing people of being dishonest. Miyahara's description is wrong. The body doesn't move like this. The spine doesn't initiate motion by bending and going into lordosis. I thought "middle out" was dead, but it seems to come roaring back every so often.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2012
P, feel free to share your experience as to why...Should we be using yours instead? Also does Bonds and thunder leverage SSC in the same matter ?

She's all back, all forward.

Bonds and Thunder may not leverage SSC in the same way, because I'd bet that Bonds' muscle tissue is more fast-twitch. The overall movements, from a scientific standpoint, are the same.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
My understanding of Miyahara's work is that the spine, through particular movements, induces pelvic rotation.

This is what Miyahara himself says:

Link: 2010-04 : Spine Engine Swing Lateral Bend

Perhaps you shouldn't be accusing people of being dishonest. Miyahara's description is wrong. The body doesn't move like this. The spine doesn't initiate motion by bending and going into lordosis. I thought "middle out" was dead, but it seems to come roaring back every so often.

So you were simply being stupid when you wrote ... "Miyahara is so grossly wrong it's not worth talking about. The spine engine DOES NOT exist, at least in the way you guys think it does. The spine is a nervous system cord encased in bone. It CANNOT move itself"

You see ... nobody here is suggesting that the spine moves itself ... and neither is Miyahara.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
She's all back, all forward.

Bonds and Thunder may not leverage SSC in the same way, because I'd bet that Bonds' muscle tissue is more fast-twitch. The overall movements, from a scientific standpoint, are the same.

Is this truly what you classify as "all back, all forward"?

jayrfq.gif

Jan 13, 2012
So you were simply being stupid when you wrote ... "Miyahara is so grossly wrong it's not worth talking about. The spine engine DOES NOT exist, at least in the way you guys think it does. The spine is a nervous system cord encased in bone. It CANNOT move itself"

You see ... nobody here is suggesting that the spine moves itself ... and neither is Miyahara.

No, I thought that was a fair and accurate depiction of what Miyahara is suggesting. The work implies that the spine moves the pelvis through spinal movement. That's not how the body works.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors