Snf

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
Wheres the giddyup ?? Don't let the lack of blur fool you.

They don't know the difference between loading and unloading the barrel.

AGonAngle.gif
BSHandTurn.gif

Last edited:

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Humpty, credibility happens when the swing matches on the field, not the living room. Or at least it should..

Jan 13, 2012
So a few comments:

1. You can't really tell who uses stretch shortening cycles and who doesn't. It's a basic part of movement. Brandon uses them, HI guy uses them, hell, Bartolo Colon uses them. You can't move your body at all without using some sort of SSC. It's not something that adds anything to analysis, period. It's also not something you can improve. I don't know how many of you have ever squatted (barbell, bodyweight, whatever), but the "bounce" you get when you hit your hamstrings is a result of a SSC, among some other things. You cannot train that "bounce." It's something that just happens.

2. Are we still arguing the bb/a$$ thing? Miyahara is so grossly wrong it's not worth talking about. The spine engine DOES NOT exist, at least in the way you guys think it does. The spine is a nervous system cord encased in bone. It CANNOT move itself, just like your humerus cannot move itself. I don't know where you guys keep getting this nonsense, but it's scientific gobbledygook. This isn't a matter of "feel," by the way. It's a matter of "your body doesn't work this way and Miyahara is clueless." Gracotevsky's research has been dismissed by almost everyone in the relevant field. You can keep pushing it all you want, but it has no bearing on reality.

3. I would not use the Nebraska(?) player's swing as a model of anything.

Last edited:

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
So a few comments:

1. You can't really tell who uses stretch shortening cycles and who doesn't. It's a basic part of movement. Brandon uses them, HI guy uses them, hell, Bartolo Colon uses them. You can't move your body at all without using some sort of SSC. It's not something that adds anything to analysis, period. It's also not something you can improve. I don't know how many of you have ever squatted (barbell, bodyweight, whatever), but the "bounce" you get when you hit your hamstrings is a result of a SSC, among some other things. You cannot train that "bounce." It's something that just happens.

2. Are we still arguing the bb/a$$ thing? Miyahara is so grossly wrong it's not worth talking about. The spine engine DOES NOT exist, at least in the way you guys think it does. The spine is a nervous system cord encased in bone. It CANNOT move itself, just like your humerus cannot move itself. I don't know where you guys keep getting this nonsense, but it's scientific gobbledygook. This isn't a matter of "feel," by the way. It's a matter of "your body doesn't work this way and Miyahara is clueless." Gracotevsky's research has been dismissed by almost everyone in the relevant field. You can keep pushing it all you want, but it has no bearing on reality.

P, feel free to share your experience as to why...Should we be using yours instead? Also does Bonds and thunder leverage SSC in the same matter ?

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
So a few comments:

Is that really your understanding of Miyahara's work? If so ... you failed to capture his model. If that isn't your understanding ... then you are deceitful for posting this. Your pick ... stupid or deceitful.

Aug 30, 2013
That was your big aha? You really are special Thunder. Why don't you learn to edit gif's? It can't be any worse than your written communication. :D
BrettWithLines.gif
Well, left for a basketball game and came back to your little shirt storm huh??
Um, what's the problem here?? Bretts bat is is showing visible speed as its coming off the rail and before the corner- thx for pointing it out.. Nobody else see that?

Aug 30, 2013
Thank you JJ. I brought that up long ago and everyone lost their mind. Do you realize how hard it was to map some of those bat movements that Tubby likes to hide behind?

I showed this as an example way back when - of just what you are bringing up. This was taken at dusk one night when my son was ~10yo.

Wasn't the requirement to back up 3 frames from the corner.. why are you showing us starting from this point - where are the 3 frames before this??

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors