Slapper bat size

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Just an unscientific observation, from what I have seen of demarini sponsored schools, I think almost every slapper used an endloaded insane.
Why?

Jul 11, 2013
I don't know why a slapper would use an end loaded bat. Most I know of use a balanced bat because bat control is extremely important. My 12 year old 5'1", 100 pounder uses a CF6 32 - 21OZ ( drop 11 ). Coverage is definitely an issue, that's why she uses a drop 11 to get that extra inch without getting to heavy to control. She seems to be able to control the lighter bat better. As she gets bigger and stronger, she will probably use a drop 10.

Last edited:
May 8, 2012
NJ
13 yr old..4'10 100lb DD....31" fs1...-10. Wishing we were ready for the 32" for coverage, but not yet. We're not going back to the -11's. ..ill give up some coverage to get swing away respect. Hate the light bats with higher pitch velocities..just my opinion

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Caitlin Lowe uses a 34" drop -10.

She isn't exactly a big girl so I'm betting she thinks long for coverage and reach + light for control = a good slapper's bat.

A 34/24 is NOT a light bat. A slapper may be able to use it since they typically do not take full swings, but a lot of slappers I have seen prefer a -11 or -12. Gives then an extra inch of plate coverage without the extra ounce or two.

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
In college none of the slappers use end loaded bats in the schools I have watched play. If you watch the video presented by team USA on slapping, you don't want to hit the sweet spot of the bat . You want to hit above or below that spot to make the ball come off the bat softer, so you even have those that think using an older bat that we would think is dead. Now if you are a slapper that also can hit for power, which there are some out there, then I might see using an end loaded bat. I have taught a slew of slappers over the years and few could handle the extra weight when slapping. Keep in mind a slapper is swinging down at the ball, so they have a different swing pattern. Plus many chock up, which the end loaded bats have a smaller sweet spot.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd