Skills day at the local park

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Top_Notch

Screwball
Dec 18, 2014
Happy for you that your situation worked out...BUT I laugh every time I see anything about 8U travel ball.

My daughter stuck out in rec. ball so it was decided to see how she'd do on the all-star team. Daughter stuck out on the all-star team so we joined travel as an 8U. Luckily, we had a great group of girls come together. Our 8U team was no joke and we ended up winning one 10U "C" tournament (as well as an 8U) and beat more than a couple 10U teams. (Some coaches wouldn't believe our girls were 8U but their size gave them away.) We also got handed some heavy losses, but the girls grew tremendously. The level of competition was difficult but it was so worth it. I still remember my daughters face when she was told to get in the batter's box against a fast 10U pitcher! But she did it. But I agree, it's not for everybody. Definitely not for everybody.

Oct 22, 2009
First Pre-season workout went well enough.

Most had never played ball before, I used foam balls for lesson #1, but one girl still managed to get hit in the face twice by tossed balls from her mom, she cried a lot but still stuck it out. Good thing they weren't hard balls!

Abby Bayshore 2.jpg
Here is a 6yr old, the only one from the 8u that wanted to learn. Let me tell you this was one eager kid! She definitely has the bug right now and I wanted to keep it fun for her. She kept yelling, "I'M DOING SO GOOD!" :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1