Silly question?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2015
I think the normal 6u, 8u may work best especially now that it is age based. Especially if there will be any all star tournament teams in the summer.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
Given that I've moved my rec league from grade based grouping to age based, I thought it might be a good idea to rename the divisions to avoid confusion with the old system. So I'm looking for ideas and feedback (and no, I don't really want to just go with 8U and 10U):

Old Names
Princess
Rookie
Silver
Gold

New names I'm considering
Princess (because what 6 year old doesn't want to be a princess?)
AA
AAA
Majors
I know, too much MLB influence there.

Rookie
Minors
Majors
Feels a lot like Little League?

I dunno, hit me with something interesting that will make the girls smile...

I don't mind the current names. Do you really need to change them?

OTOH, using the LL names isn't that bad an idea, since if they run across girls who play LL, they will be able to compare (hey, you're Minor, so am I!) Just make sure the names are for the same age group :) Wouldn't want to call your 12U Minors and really confuse the poor girls, esp. since some will move away, and girls who have played LL elsewhere may move in.

An interesting alternative: Use the names of different teams for the divisions. Not sure if Columbus residents would prefer Reds or Indians for the 12U (although Reds would be a safer alternative these days, for obvious reasons). Use a nearby AAA team for the 10U, a AA team for the 8U and an A team for the 6U. Or, give the 6U girls a treat and call that division the Buckeyes.

May 5, 2014
Pacific Northwest
We have the following divisions:

T-Ball (5-6) year olds - only girls new to softball
AA (6-8) year olds - coach pitch - introduce kid pitch half way thru.
AAA (8-9) Kid pitch
Coast (9-11)
Majors (11-12)
Juniors (13-14)

We use the following for team names for our teams in AAA thru Juniors: Blast, Firestix, Flame, Magic
AA and below gets to choose there own team name.

Jul 10, 2014
C-bus Ohio
DW wins the internet for today:

15U Jade
12U Diamond
10U Ruby
8U Sapphire
6U Emerald

Thanks for playing! Johnny, tell them about their great parting gifts!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA